Posted: Aug 16th 2009 8:10PM wjowski said

Not likely, unless there's a significant shift away from the genre's RPG roots.

Posted: Aug 16th 2009 8:17PM (Unverified) said

I was at Gen Con and I was very disappointed by the lack of presence from e-gaming companies, especially MMO's. This year was also a lot worse than last year when it comes to how many games were represented in the exhibit.

Really the only two actual MMO's were Warhammer Online and Champions Online. Dragon Age Origins and Dantes Inferno both looked really good, but outside of those there were about four online card games and thats about it which is far less than last year.

I do realize the economy really tanked about two weeks after Gen Con last year so there was a noticeable difference this year, but the e-games area was the most disappointing. even after last years Gen Con I mentioned that I found it kind of lame that most of the major MMO companies cant seem to be bothered to represent themselves. No NCSoft, no Blizzard, and nothing from Sony about EQ and EQ2. There was a pretty good amount when it comes to miniatures, card games, and online card games related to some of these games, but I just dont like it that the big boys can never be bothered to even make a token showing at one of the largest gaming conventions out there.

Posted: Aug 16th 2009 9:01PM (Unverified) said

Did I read somewhere that Bioware's "Dragon Age" is also going to made into a P&P (pen-and-paper) RPG? I am really looking forward to this title but wish it supported multi-player.

Posted: Aug 16th 2009 10:33PM (Unverified) said

The Legends of Norrath chick was incredibly hot!

Posted: Aug 17th 2009 1:24AM Anatidae said

I was thinking that it would be really funny if Massively did a piece on the role of a show model. Although, perhaps not a deep and insightful story, it would be fun to hear what the models think of the MMO/Gaming world from their perspective. And even if they know/play the game they are modeling for.

You'd have to find a good show where you could interview enough of them or work over a period of a few shows to build up a good enough and entertaining article. Plus, hey, writers... a good excuse to take the models out to lunch for an interview... and to be charming. (hint hint)

Posted: Aug 17th 2009 8:01AM (Unverified) said

Dude, my *wife* thought the Legends of Norrath chick was really hot...

Posted: Aug 17th 2009 3:54AM spamero said

God she's hot.. massively do an interview with her.. and with photos!

Posted: Aug 17th 2009 6:11AM (Unverified) said

I think that's a great idea! I will have to become a writer and volunteer for that assignment.

Posted: Aug 17th 2009 10:52AM Thac0 said

/drools

Posted: Aug 19th 2009 7:16PM (Unverified) said

The best presence at GenCon was us DDO players, who had an awesome Friday night party at Jillians! :)