Posted: Aug 15th 2009 8:16PM tk421242 said

Getting ready to remake my martial arts focused anti-hero....

Sho'nuff

I know I know... he technically is a villian, but he is just so much more fun then Bruce Leroy

Posted: Aug 15th 2009 11:23PM RyogaVee said

You sir win Internets!

Posted: Aug 15th 2009 8:39PM (Unverified) said

Waiting anxiously on the open beta here, been playing closed beta for a few months already. The game is fun as hell! I'm happy it went gold and was only pushed back once earlier this year, I just want to play live already.

Posted: Aug 15th 2009 10:23PM Cupajoe said

I still haven't gotten my open beta key :C

Posted: Aug 16th 2009 12:14AM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
So with release imminent this is where start to get non-stop hype articles from the gaming press proclaiming the game "The greatest achievement in MMO's yet!" and we'll see the phrase "WOW killer!" used with obnoxious frequency for the next three months.

And then when the actual subscription numbers come in we'll hear the exact same "journalist" give us in depth articles explaining why the game was doomed from the start and never had a chance. After Conan, Lotro, Tabula Rasa, etc. I've learned everything about a game in the first three months after release is utter BS.

Posted: Aug 16th 2009 1:40AM Its Utakata stupid said

To my knowledge...this game has never claimed to be a WoW killer. Hyped, yes; WoW killer, no.

Posted: Aug 16th 2009 4:11AM Sam not Spam said

Yep. Never been claimed or hyped up to be a WOW killer. Some of its fans think it'll kill COH, but that's about it. Personally, I think there's more than enough space out there for COH and CO, but that's just me.

Posted: Aug 16th 2009 4:48AM (Unverified) said

no one is going to claim this game as the wow killer, all the hype is on aion right now.

Posted: Aug 16th 2009 8:10PM wjowski said

I imagine everyone's too busy jizzing over Generic Fantasy MMO # 448 to bother hyping Champions.

Posted: Aug 16th 2009 2:14AM CCon99 said

This game really needed another 6 months development at least. WAR was in a much better shape at launch. I really hope they don't make the same mistakes with STO.

Posted: Aug 17th 2009 1:23AM starka1 said

Can you expand on that for us not in the know? Is it a bad game now or good enough if you don't mind a few flaws? Or is it really something fundamental? I think we are close enough to Open Beta that you can "spill the beans".

In its current state are you still going to subscribe or wait to see what happens in 6 months?

Posted: Aug 17th 2009 8:03AM (Unverified) said

He cant' expand on this subject because he's full of shit and doesn't know what he's talking about. When the NDA lifts, you'll get plenty of info on the game. Much of it will be a helluva lot more accurate than this dingleberry has blabbed about.

Posted: Aug 16th 2009 2:26AM (Unverified) said

It would've been a lot more interesting if Champions Online went gold in the music industry sense, rather than the production sense.

If it were certified gold, *then* we could really start talking about a potential hit.

Posted: Aug 16th 2009 3:39AM (Unverified) said

I saw people playing this today at GenCon, and it looks pretty polished. I hope they do well, but it might be tough to unseat CoH.

Regardless of how the game turns out, at least the booth babe was pretty hot. ;-)

Posted: Aug 16th 2009 6:34AM Purkit said

No ones claiming WoW killer, so don't even bring it up. Its a perfectly good game with probably the most fun character creation of any MMO. It's not perfect but as long as you don't go into the open beta expecting a revolution in game play you should have a blast. Simply put its fun and colourful, which is the whole point of a superhero MMO.

Posted: Aug 16th 2009 6:57AM Psychotic Storm said

For me it is a fun game that delivers what it is meant to deliver, a comic book superhero experience and it is quite good at it.

thumbs up for creating the illusion you play in a comic book.

Posted: Aug 16th 2009 8:10AM Meurik said

I look forward to trying out the open beta tomorrow. Been interested in this game for quite some time now.

Posted: Aug 16th 2009 9:03AM Pitt said

Its a fun game, thats all that matters.

Posted: Aug 16th 2009 12:00PM (Unverified) said

I just hope they get the issues with 'That code has already be used' that has come up for a lot of the GameStop delivered Beta Codes... I'm personally still waiting for this issue to be corrected and contacted the relevant parties (both Cryptic Studios and GameStop) back on Friday when the code didn't work when we got it Thursday.

Second, this sure doesn't feel like an 'Open' beta. You have to either have pre-ordered the game (paying $) or become a paid member of fileplanet.com (paying $). I guess the only 'Open' thing about it is the lack of having to sign a NDA to get into the beta.

Other than the above, I am REALLY looking forward to this!

Posted: Aug 16th 2009 4:49PM Meurik said

Both me and a friend that have just recently signed up for the open beta through Fileplanet, added our keys flawlessly without problems. We've preloaded the beta clients, and are eagerly awaiting the servers to open up.
| 1 | 2 |