Posted: Aug 15th 2009 5:03PM Graill440 said

When you stereotype the term "monsters" are you reffering to you, the human being, or something else?..................

"we are capable of so much good, and such horrible nightmares"

Posted: Aug 15th 2009 5:55PM arnavdesai said

Well, another monster which I hated in GW & which were pop-ups were the shadows which either popped up in the marshes & which were not only poison happy but also had some really bad debuffs.
The shrubs actually combined with another fish creature at a location deep in the Magumma jungle , they were basically Mesmers with some serious hex/debuff nasties & those Aloes would constantly heal them. It was very hard to solo them.

Posted: Aug 15th 2009 6:57PM (Unverified) said

Sure, the Sentinels in TR were bad, but I'd say that worse bots were the Reconstructors of Arieki. If you weren't on your toes about taking them down, you could wind up fighting a clone of yourself! Not only did getting hit by your very own weapons hurt , but then to look down at what could have been your own dead body really gave you something to think about .

Posted: Aug 15th 2009 8:47PM (Unverified) said

Ah....Tabula Rasa *cry*

Properly managed this game could have really been something. This game had such potential and I loved how it felt so different than the other MMOs out there, but was just as fun (at least near the end). Frankly I never felt it got the chance to reach it's potential. Most new-ish MMOs aren't all that awesome until they've gotten some time under their belt. I hope someday someone buys the rights to it and re-releases it, even if they have to release it as micro-transaction.

Posted: Aug 16th 2009 2:55AM Suspiro said

Had the best of times on TR. :( RIP

Posted: Aug 16th 2009 9:50AM pcgneurotic said

Gods, the Huorn in LoTRO are truly awesome. The first time I was attacked by one, I'd targeted it by mistake and had a HUGE shock when it suddenly uprooted and came after me, clobbering me for great chunks of moral. In a place as dangerous as the Great Forest, to have such dangerous, sensitive foe around, leads to some fantastic, Indiana Jones-style chases where you're pelting along through bears, bats, spiders and all maner of shit, all of which are suddenly very, very minor problems compared to the enormous angry tree that's chasing you.

Posted: Aug 16th 2009 1:36PM (Unverified) said

Yeah...lol..you are right..you're running and watching that morale bar and simultaneously cursing and praying!

Posted: Aug 17th 2009 10:06PM (Unverified) said

The first time a found one I was looking for the elite that the game said was right in front of me but I couldn't see anyone. I then shoot of an arrow to find the target and see a tree up root itself. I go Holy @#$%! then run for my life, best WOW moment in Lotro I've had.

Posted: Aug 18th 2009 8:54PM gildhur said

Unfortunately, the huorns in the Old Forest and Barrow-downs were nerfed not too long ago. Not only are they only Signature instead of Elite, but they also threaten before attacking. The Old Forest, while still dark, confusing, and foreboding, is not what it used to be.

The Daily Grind: Should museums preserve MMOs?

Posted on Oct 1st 2014 8:00AM