Posted: Aug 13th 2009 5:20PM Comrade Domovoi said

God bless em for supporting this old game with a new expansion, but you gotta wonder how many people still actually play Ultima Online? Not to mention that every UO player I ever talk to plays it on private servers aka no revenue for the devs.

Posted: Aug 13th 2009 5:26PM Miffy said

They play on private servers cause the game was ruined a long time ago.

Posted: Aug 13th 2009 5:46PM (Unverified) said

I agree. I played this game for couple of years and when EQ2 and WOW came out, people bailed out of the game, (or my server anyway). Graphics are dated, no feel of community players around, and never any objectives. They need to start over becuase I really love the lore.

Posted: Aug 13th 2009 6:26PM (Unverified) said

I loved UO, as it was my first MMO experience. I remember downloading the pre-alpha on dial-up, and the hourly server wipes in beta. It was the only MMO where I actually got into role-playing for a while.

In many ways, it's more revolutionary and ambitious than most modern MMOs.

I've always had a soft spot for the Ultima setting, so I hope they break the UO2 curse some day without destroying what makes the series so great.

Posted: Aug 13th 2009 6:40PM mko said

I've played on many different private server over the years and just recently started a 14 day trial on EA/OSI. And I think it's still great.

Posted: Aug 13th 2009 11:08PM Cinnamoon said

Been playing off and on since the beginning. It's had its ups and downs. I have the misfortune of being on a nearly-empty server with no plans to pay EA a couple hundred bucks for the privilege of transfering, losing my house in the process. Grrr. A lot of players are really hanging on to see whether this expansion is the beginning of a new era, or the end of the line. I hope it's the former - I love reasons to re-sub.

Posted: Aug 14th 2009 12:10AM deejrandom said

would they bringing out an expansion pack if they didn't have any people playing?

Posted: Aug 14th 2009 1:04AM (Unverified) said

Well, I suppose with the isometric gfx content dev costs must be low compared to modern games.

Posted: Aug 14th 2009 1:56AM (Unverified) said

>>Gargoyles are being added as a new player race, which means many of us can live out our late 90s afternoon cartoon fantasies

Win. :D

Posted: Aug 14th 2009 3:46AM (Unverified) said

I could never get past the viewing angle in this game.. It's so awkward.

Posted: Aug 14th 2009 3:46AM (Unverified) said

I don't know much about this game, but I find it very interesting to see that a game of 10+ years old still gets a little love every now and then.