Posted: Aug 12th 2009 3:38PM Snorii said

Heya Gibbi!

I was pulling for a Dwarf Guardian like my main, but I can't complain too much since I also have a hobbit warden as well. I also voted for Tinker this round - it isn't too much of a grind to level up by polishing gems, you get to make jewelry and hope tokens, and as a bonus, you can cook.

Posted: Aug 12th 2009 3:55PM RogueJedi86 said

I voted Historian, for difficulty. Plus my character in the game is one, figured you could give some tips on it as you adventure. :)

Posted: Aug 12th 2009 3:57PM Keen and Graev said

My character was a maxed out Historian. I voted for you to go Explorer. ;)

Posted: Aug 12th 2009 4:06PM (Unverified) said

I think I would like to start a new character on Brandywine. Hopefully I actually have the time to do so.

Posted: Aug 12th 2009 4:11PM Cendres said

Tinker!! You're a hobbit you've got to tinker with gems and cook, it's obvious!! XD

Posted: Aug 12th 2009 4:26PM (Unverified) said

I voted Tinker as well. The master oven is in the hobbit city of Michal Delving, so it seemed appropriate.

Posted: Aug 12th 2009 4:41PM (Unverified) said

Kinship Name

Massive Hobbits

Posted: Aug 12th 2009 5:10PM Tanek said

Nice name suggestion. :) I'll have to start a Hobbit on Brandywine to join in.

Posted: Aug 12th 2009 5:16PM GenericPerson said

No Dwarf love on Massively? I'll definitely be creating a character tonight if I can ever leave w*rk.

Posted: Aug 12th 2009 5:51PM (Unverified) said

I've recently started into LotRO after 3 years of WoW burnout, and am loving my 41 human guardian on Firefoot.

I'm still new, so I was suprised to learn that hobbits go to Archet, just as humans do? Do they get sent back to the Shire after the Prologue, or are they directed out into Bree-land like the humans?

Posted: Aug 12th 2009 5:59PM Mr Angry said

Yup they are dispatched back to shire after the prologue, it's one of the best zones and quite quaint, so take your time and enjoy it.

Posted: Aug 12th 2009 7:24PM (Unverified) said

I vote for Yeoman because any hobbit worth his salt needs to be a good farmer and cook!

Kinship name: Wraecca Middle Eorthrice (Adventurers of Middle Earth, old eng.)

Posted: Aug 12th 2009 7:59PM Joystiq Login Bugs SUCK said

There is a joke about new roleplayers in that their characters:

Are invariably the long lost relative of someone important
Their parents are always murdered soon after they are born
They are brought up by kind but simple folk
They vow to reap revenge on the murderers

Thanks for not breaking this pattern.

Ah the poor Role Play character, forever destined to be an orphan.

Posted: Aug 12th 2009 10:08PM agitatedandroid said

Had to go with Yeoman. Firstly, you're a hobbit so that's a no-brainer. Second, the Shire has the best farmland (pipe-weed farms too). Third, Yeoman is one of the few crafting vocations that isn't so heavily dependent on the other vocations.

I'm wondering, since we know you're a LOTRO player from way back, if you could comment on the more streamlined starting area.

Posted: Aug 12th 2009 9:25PM (Unverified) said

Ah gosh all of this makes me want to re-sub to lotro.
I'm with Vylreth re a Yeoman - hobbits are surrounded by food (and fishing and alcohol). The only craft missing for a hobbit is 'sleeping'..

@Jay
You reminded me of the (great) 'Roleplayin' series - "I Am Vaca!"

Posted: Aug 13th 2009 4:14AM Jesspiper said

Come back, we miss you.

Posted: Aug 13th 2009 9:17PM (Unverified) said

Aww that's very kind.

Posted: Aug 13th 2009 2:57AM SolidJedi said

I say go Explorer (Forester, Tailor, Prospector). Great for starting players that want to make some easy coin by selling every resource you get (wood, ore, hide tanning). Plus you can craft medium & light armor to sell/use. By the time I was level 15 I had enough money to buy my house and my mount (you get it at level 35, so that shows you how early you can make money with Explorer if you know the importance of gathering materials). Hope you enjoy LOTRO, its a very good game and I enjoy the community.

Posted: Aug 14th 2009 7:21AM (Unverified) said

I say go for Historian. It's the most logical choice based on what you are doing with this site. You are acting as a historian with this blog. It would be very easy to role-play the idea.

Posted: Aug 14th 2009 2:05PM (Unverified) said

I'm starting the kinship today, using the brilliant name 'Massive Hobbits'

Of course you don't need to be a Hobbit to join, but send a message to Gibbi on Brandywine if you want in. We need 8 people to keep it going. Thanks!