Posted: Aug 11th 2009 9:01AM Oizu said

EQ2 by far, brilliant community, helpful, newb friendly, understanding and willing, o nly game ive ever played without a need/greed system where loot was distributed fairly an honestly to those who needed it, people didnt rage quit, they tried again, you would sit there for half an hour looking for members, it was just a truely great experience, and something ive never found in any other MMO to date, shame

Posted: Aug 11th 2009 9:10AM (Unverified) said

Personally I think Eve and Saga of Ryzom had the best community of the games I've played, but since I didn't play either for very long (trial accounts), I'd say GW has the best PUG's

Posted: Aug 11th 2009 9:16AM Corydonn said

I'd have to give my vote to Puzzle Pirates being having the best pick up groups. The dungeon runs just make it too boring if you happen to get the wrong people in EQ2 or WoW.

Posted: Aug 11th 2009 9:18AM Wgraves said

no EVE?... i like when my PUGs try to kill me :D

Posted: Aug 11th 2009 9:54AM Macabre 13 said

I lol'd, +1.

Really though, Darkfall made the cut and Eve didn't? What gives?

Posted: Aug 11th 2009 4:14PM spamero said

this made me giggle :p

Posted: Aug 11th 2009 9:23AM (Unverified) said

I've played a couple of MMO( UO, SWG, WoW, AOC, DarkFall Online), and I really enjoy the people in UO ( Cheasapeake server). I really hate WoW players...

Posted: Aug 11th 2009 9:25AM Jenks said

EQ, it's nice to be able to remember a time when people knew what they were doing.

Voting for WoW would be like voting for Halo for best online community.

Posted: Aug 11th 2009 9:30AM aurickle said

Honestly, without a way to weight the poll results by the games' subscriber bases, this poll's results are completely meaningless.

Posted: Aug 11th 2009 10:09AM (Unverified) said

QFT.

I was one of the 3 people that voted for Vanguard and was not surprised to see the game with the *worst* PUG potential ranked the highest. ;-)

Posted: Aug 11th 2009 9:31AM (Unverified) said

For me the best PUGs have to be in LotRO. Whilst I've yet to hit the level cap in that game (only level 42 right now) and try the end game side of things, the PUGs I've been in for instances so far have all been great. Whilst we may wipe a couple of times, there's never been anything but cordiality between all the PUG members, and there's definitely never been any sulking about loot or members leaving as we wiped once on a boss (or because someone had to go afk briefly for RL reasons).

In LotRO I'm actually happy to PUG, but in WoW I really hate PUGing and almost never do it.

Posted: Aug 11th 2009 9:32AM Jhaer said

EQ. Some people will say things like "Its nice back when people knew how to play." but the truth is the reason why EQ PUGs were successful was because people needed them to succeed. Except in case of the few classes that could quad-kite, swarm-kite, or other forms of efficient soloing, people in EQ needed groups in order to make progress, and as such they tried harder to make groups work. Newer games like WoW have awful PUGs because everyone knows you can run off an solo for equal or better exp.

Posted: Aug 11th 2009 4:52PM (Unverified) said

FFXI always had very friendly people playing. Unfortunately there's not many people playing anymore. I'm really looking forward to FFXIV. WoW is tired.

Posted: Aug 11th 2009 9:38AM SkuzBukit said

I think EverQuest & EQ2 had the best quality PuG's by far, I found it to be the rarity that the players (Elite, Mid-range or casual) were friendly, helpful, skilled & knowledgeable, no matter if male or female IRL, & rarely needlessly rude, good natured p***-taking aside.

The F2P I've played by-&-Large are full of the most nooblets, while WoW was full of the most venomous, I didn't care if they knew what they were doing or not they were mostly vicious little a**holes intent only on proliferating their own nasty little schemes & agendas with puerile & degrading language, meeting a "nice" player in WoW was extremely rare, I left because of the general community more than anything to do with the game itself.

Posted: Aug 11th 2009 9:39AM Macabre 13 said

Ok so who the hell is voting for WoW?

127 votes (so far) and not a single comment as to why they think WoW has the best pugs/community?

I guess, you know... things like "words" are beyond them... if they can't abbreviate it, they can't communicate, lol.

Posted: Aug 11th 2009 10:13AM (Unverified) said

They can't help themselves. Their servers are down for maintenance, so most of the community is too busy recreating the WoW freak out video to comment.

WoW most definitely has the worst community I've ever encountered in-game.

Posted: Aug 11th 2009 1:22PM phobic99 said

I have to agree with you Syndica. WoW has THE worst MMO community I've ever been apart of. PUGs in that game were also among the worst.

Posted: Aug 11th 2009 9:44AM spamero said

I've played most of those games, and I must say LOTRO wins

Posted: Aug 11th 2009 10:14AM (Unverified) said

I'm surprised Final Fantasy XI is on here. Learn how to communicate and hang with the Japanese players, and you'll find it has the best PUGs in any game. It just takes a bit of humility, politeness, and skill.

Posted: Aug 11th 2009 2:38PM (Unverified) said

Here here! I was wondering this same thing myself.

MMO Week in Review: Happy New Year!

Posted on Dec 28th 2014 8:00PM