Posted: Aug 9th 2009 11:00AM Gaugamela said

This patch coupled with the changes made to AoE and CC in 1.3.0b are finally making the game closer to what it should be. They've addressed the biggest issues of the community in this patch and the previous and in a positive manner! There's a better mood right now among the (remaining) players.

This patch also introduced changes to the Keeps layout (2 ramps to Lord Room which prevents the defense of the keep on the ramp with ranged zerging).

Posted: Aug 9th 2009 11:10AM (Unverified) said

I'm excited to see what effect these changes have. For whatever reason, the Tier 4 RvR has gotten really, really active again on my server, which is great news. It's fun to log on in the morning and see Order pushing ever closer to our beloved Inevitable City and then come home from work in the evening to find that we've flipped it all around and 5+ full warbands of Destruction are now storming one Order's Forts.

The problem is (at least on Destro side) is the everyone intentionally stops short of attacking the City because they don't feel it's fun enough or worth the time investment. The lag certainly doesn't help either, but in all fairness it's no different than the lag WoW's been struggling with in Wintergrasp since its inception. Hopefully this patch will help make city sieges for fun and worthwhile. Even with that, the game is still flawed. But while I know there are some very vocal commentors who will disagree with me, I personally think things have been improving quite a bit lately and I'm excited to see where the game is headed (hopefully not in the toilet.) If the game still keeps losing subs then I suppose there's always Aoin, though past experience tells me that a year from now Aion will in all likeliness be getting ragged on quite a bit too (but here's to hoping for the best for both games)

Posted: Aug 9th 2009 2:27PM mysecretid said

It'll be interesting to see if WAR can turn things around in time, if only because it does have a different "flavor" to the game than most of the fantasy MMORPGs out there, and having options is always good.

And I've gotta say, if Age of Conan has shown me anything lately, it's that if the company stops with the BS hype and just shows everyone that they're genuinely working on hot-button issues, it seems to make a difference.

I'm seeing a noticeably increase in players on my AoC server (Set) compared to a few months back. Some are returnees, and some are "free trial tourists", but it's more than that. The word seems to be getting about that AoC is actually improving, over time, and I'm seeing tourist players sign up to be regulars.

It would be nice to see WAR get to a similar place -- I wonder if they can improve it quickly enough? A bunch of new MMORPGs are coming, and a game like Star Wars: The Old Republic might even take a noticeable piece of WoW's pie.

Sooner would be better for WAR, I imagine ...

Posted: Aug 9th 2009 3:23PM Holgranth said

I for one want this too with Mark Jacobs gone I now throw my whole support behind the entire Dev team if they start listening to player concerns.

RvR the imbalence and out right LACK of compitent design were largely why I quit the game this spring after giving it a go.

Posted: Aug 9th 2009 3:26PM Cicadymn said

If I hadn't heard such bad reviews about RvE through the roof in Land of the Dead I think I might have reupped. I've it it a couple more patches, but every time they fix something like that it brings me one step closer to reupping for at least a month.

Posted: Aug 9th 2009 4:24PM CSKit said

I read the article and the patch notes but couldn't find a 1.3.1 launch date. Does anyone know when it goes live?

I am currently taking a break from WAR as it got stale, that and I got into Champions beta. Does anyone know if the Volkmar server has improved at all?

Posted: Aug 10th 2009 12:06PM (Unverified) said

War is over its finished.

Posted: Aug 10th 2009 7:18AM MrDiamondJ said

I'm not sure about Volkmar, but Badlands has been great following the recent server merges. Volkmar was a destination server just like Badlands, so I'm sure it's a lot better.

Badlands was crazy last night. Zone locks all over the place.

Posted: Aug 11th 2009 11:32AM Chriskovo said

Anyone else notice that the date at the top says 2008? LOL its a patch from the past and when will they be implementing this, this patch might make me hang on to the game for a bit more. Well until aion comes out that is :P