Posted: Aug 9th 2009 12:28PM (Unverified) said

Played the closed beta and must say that the game crashed every 15 minutes on my high-end gaming system. Also saw lots of graphical glitches and broken gameplay mechanics. You do not want to buy this at release!

Had some hopes for this game as a somewhat-fan of the city-building genre, but it just doesn't do the job very well. You'd be better of by buying SimCity [whatever] or just go for the open source LinCity on some Linux distribution.

Maybe by some wondrous happening that this game will be ready next month, but I doubt it.

Posted: Aug 9th 2009 1:00PM (Unverified) said

I'm going to have to concur. The game isn't nearly ready for primetime, unless the US version is just lightyears behind the EU version(s). Graphical glitches, the UI is [still] horrible, and generally multiplayer is unbalanced in terms of trade and resources.

As an aside, multiplayer doesn't seem like something I'd pay for. It mainly just feels like a singleplayer game with trade and a chat box. When I originally envisioned the multiplayer component to this game, I saw a seamless world where cities were built in proximity and connected via highways/farm roads/etc and trade was done in real-time.

It would have also been fantastic if players could collaborate on cities or projects like highway networks, massive structures, etc. But as it stands, there is really no multiplayer component unless you count the invisible movement of resource "tokens" from one city to another, and being able to wave your epeen via a buggy chat.

CitiesXL has great potential, but the game that it could have been has killed the game that it is.

Posted: Aug 10th 2009 5:31AM (Unverified) said

I need to point out Cities XL is still in Beta and the release date is still two months away, many things will happen until then. In the next couple weeks we will redo a good deal of the UI, and add a whole new layer of online gameplay, plus all the content updates we have planned..
The game is not complete yet, and even after release we will keep updating it. Because we want the game to be alive and to keep getting bigger and more interesting with time.

Posted: Aug 10th 2009 2:45PM Ralk said

An MMO sold without even first month included? No thanks

Posted: Aug 11th 2009 11:21AM (Unverified) said

i want a key

Posted: Aug 12th 2009 11:08AM (Unverified) said

Can i have a key please?

Posted: Aug 13th 2009 5:14AM (Unverified) said

If this turns out to be a solid game, they practically have a monopoly on their chunk of the MMO genre. Nobody has ever done this before, and if it turns out to be something good they will get a pretty solid following. Fans of the genre haven't got a decent new game since when? Pretty long time ago!

As a closed beta player I'm looking forward to the next big patch. Let's see what that brings and if I can still change my view on the game. The basics are there, but it's time for sauce and a cherry on top.