Posted: Aug 11th 2009 4:31AM (Unverified) said

Actually to clarify, those are the romanized names; they would be pronounced as "me-KOH-teh" and "ru-GA-din"

Posted: Aug 5th 2009 4:11PM (Unverified) said

I'm actually really excited about the familiarality going on with this new game. If I remember one thing about FF11, it was always that I loved the characters (yes even the tarutaru, they may have been odd lil things but they added a lot of color to the character scape), the setting, and overall feel of the game and community. Something I haven't been able to mimic in other MMOs. It's just... It was Waaay too demanding. Leveling was fine (if Fine meant getting both your hands cut off and then immediately trying to race la mans is "fine") It was the end game I could never get into and really, for a person who had many top level jobs, it was only to avoid actually having to get said item for said job so I can be said uber mega poor guy. I was happy with the simple stuff, but most weren't, so things just got boring, sour and a lil bit depressing since I was a "veteran" with nothing to show for it. Oh yea, and finding Gil/Gold was no more fun then finding a needle in a pile of crap. Not saying I never had fun, but I realized attaining that elusive fun required something akin to a limb be stretched to its breaking point... over and over.

So... We have this. Hopefully it will be a more like the final fantasy I grew up with. Didn't judge me, didn't scorn me, and didn't constantly expect me to become a millionaire, socialite just for we can stay friends (the bastard). It just wanted me to play and have fun doing it... and maybe kick lalafell into field goals for fun. That's what they're for, right?

(-_-);

Posted: Aug 5th 2009 4:45PM (Unverified) said

Mithra Combat Cook wielding a frying pan as a weapon.

'Nuff said.

Posted: Aug 5th 2009 4:51PM Its Utakata stupid said

Um...so Cook. Do I get throw a pot of boiling soup at my opponents in combat? :)

Posted: Aug 22nd 2009 5:06AM (Unverified) said

We featured Final Fantasy XIV in our latest tech show episode:

I hope it's better than World of Warcraft. It's must be, it's Final Fantasy. I wasn't excited with the trailer so much but the characters and world looks awesome.

The Daily Grind: Should museums preserve MMOs?

Posted on Oct 1st 2014 8:00AM