Posted: Aug 5th 2009 1:58PM Pewpdaddy said

I vote for an industry standard where the devs don't announce games 73 years before they come out. =] I'm too blasted impatient to wait for 13 months for all the games I want to come out. ^^

Posted: Aug 5th 2009 2:00PM Cendres said

LOL Well at least 13 months is preferable to 3 flippin' years, as I've done for a few games now. Man I'm tired. ^_^

Posted: Aug 5th 2009 2:17PM Thac0 said

I feel the same way. Isnt FFXIV out in spring 2010 or something? Thats close.

Posted: Aug 5th 2009 2:34PM shoan said

is it me or did they shorten the neck on the "elf" type character. I always hated looking at those toons they reminded me of a pepsi longneck bottle. The only thing that I truly hope is that they adopt a control scheme that will allow for ease of PC use. I absolutely hated FFXI for the difficulty I had controlling the game from my PC game controller. I am very interested in this game btw when is it coming out again? I thought I heard that it would drop before FFXIII.

Posted: Aug 5th 2009 2:50PM mmark said

Why were you using a controller??? Using the keyboard in FFXI is one of the best things about it.

Posted: Aug 5th 2009 3:39PM fanguad said

Controlling FFXI with a controller is one of the best things about it IMO. Unless I'm typing something, I don't have to move my hands all over the keyboard.

Posted: Aug 5th 2009 3:44PM RogueJedi86 said

Even the keyboard controls for FFXI sucked. Whose brilliant idea was it to put the Menu button on the -(dash/minus sign) on Numberpad? That's the complete opposite side of the keyboard from WASD.

Posted: Aug 5th 2009 5:04PM shoan said

well after playing eq2 and wow and swg and what not I am more used to the keyboard. I hated putting down the controller to type something and the keyboard controls were very counter intuitive for me that is. It just felt like nothing was where it should be. When I play MMO's I always do better on the WASD format. It allows me to jump from fighting to messages to fighting without missing a beat. Now if I was using vent I can say that the mesaging holds nothing but there are always /tells and grouping out of the guild PUGing things and what not. I can honestly say the controls killed FFXI for me more than anything. I am very interested in this game also AION and possibly CO. I cancelled my WOW sub and have not looked back. Good game but the argent tournament killed it for me I hated the jousting I could do it no problem I just really did not like it. I know it was something new to the game which is great but it was not for me. :P

Posted: Aug 5th 2009 2:49PM Dblade said

Hmm. I'm kind of torn, I can see looking similar for comfort, but apart from the taru's body proportions these are nearly exact replica of FFXI races, just done with a higher graphical standard. The hairstyles are exactly the same as base FFXI characters.

I really hope that they include other newer races and styles, I don't want to only be able to mimic old FFXI character styles.

As for the professions, har har, they combined crafting into one so they can ban rmt easier I bet.

Posted: Aug 5th 2009 5:29PM ZoneOuT said

I was kinda hoping on new races not the same ones with different names but other then that so far its looking good.

No lvls yay!

Posted: Aug 5th 2009 6:07PM RogueJedi86 said

Maybe we'll have new enemy races. No more Orcs, Quadav, or Yagudo? Maybe even no Goblins/Moblins? I'll miss the Yagudo though, they seemed quite civilized.

Posted: Aug 5th 2009 6:40PM mmark said

Civilized in a Manson Family kind of way, maybe.

Posted: Aug 6th 2009 12:46AM RogueJedi86 said

The Yagudo were civilized, they just didn't like the Taru Taru very much.Technically the Yagudo Theocracy and the Windurst Magocracy were in a truce with each other. Both sides broke it on the fields near Giddeus.

Posted: Aug 5th 2009 2:50PM mmark said

Slightly disappointed in this news as well considering that the Manthra was the top request in FFXI for the first 3 years, you would think they would at least give it a try in FFXIV.

On a high side, the Lalafell don't look half as hideous as TaruTaru.

Posted: Aug 5th 2009 3:28PM RogueJedi86 said

There is a single male Mithra in FFXI. Lekho Lohbo or some weird name. But yeah, it'd have been nice to see more of them.

You're right, the Lalafell don't look half as hideous as the Taru. They look about 10x more hideous. They're too tall and pear-shaped, and their noses are too pointy. They look more like deformed elves this time.

Posted: Aug 5th 2009 3:37PM fanguad said

I'm excited about this game. I was leaning towards passing on this game if it was just another MMO entry - even a good one.

Square-Enix has the guts and resources to pull something like this off properly.

I also have no idea how to pronouce Miqo'te.

Posted: Aug 5th 2009 3:44PM fanguad said

Hey, any chance we can get the page with the Miqo'te on it (if there is one)? I'd love to see the Japanese pronunciation of the word so I can at least say it the same way the Japanese do.

Posted: Aug 5th 2009 3:49PM RogueJedi86 said

It's in the image gallery I think, just below the article. I'm guessing "Mee-koe-tay". The harder one is the Roegadyn, which I'm guessing is "Ro-guh-deen".

Posted: Aug 5th 2009 3:51PM fanguad said

It's not in the gallery, which is why I asked.

Posted: Aug 11th 2009 4:23AM (Unverified) said

ミコッテ "Mikotte"
ルガディン "Rugadein"
These are the Japanese pronunciations. Images at http://www.bluegartrls.com/forum/79514-ffxi-races-ffxiv-pictures-new.html