Posted: Aug 4th 2009 3:44PM (Unverified) said

While I would love this to be news of a World of Darkness MMO, I just don't see it. The only thing I could possibly link it to is the Wrym, and that's a stretch. Then again it's been about ten years since I've played World Of Darkness table-top games, so much has likely changed.

Posted: Aug 4th 2009 4:02PM mysecretid said

Yet another post-apocalyptic MMORPG?

EVE on the ground, after the nuke-out, sorta-kinda?

Perhaps it will be set on one of the worlds featured in EVE Online? Two MMORPGs set in the same fictional universe ...

EVE fans may well glee themselves to death if this last is true.

Posted: Aug 4th 2009 6:07PM Firebreak said

I don't think that it will be a mmorpg or a mmofps, just a fps.

Posted: Aug 4th 2009 4:11PM (Unverified) said

It has definitely got hints of the eve logo. The wings resemble Es and there's the clear v in the middle. The gas mask and name are reminiscent of a fallout-esque post-apoc setting. Perhapse just a desert planet from the EVE universe. The face there gives me the impression of a more personal-level experience.

I say its a first/third person game set on a deserty planet from the Eve Universe.

Posted: Aug 4th 2009 4:15PM (Unverified) said

It doesn't seem very World of Darkness-y to me. I'm guessing it will be the Eve FPS. The mask could be their version of a space marine.

Posted: Aug 4th 2009 4:16PM (Unverified) said

Sounds like the FPS game set in the Eve Universe CCP had announced they were working on.

Posted: Aug 4th 2009 4:36PM mko said

I'm guessing it will be a FPS set on Caldari prime. You'll play as Gallente.

Posted: Aug 4th 2009 5:52PM Cyron said

I think you've probably got it mko. That's where the fiction has been leading people recently, and that would explain the facemask...

Posted: Aug 4th 2009 7:53PM (Unverified) said

I say MMORTS!! The server architecture is there and the story also - they have always alluded to strategy and RTS elements - perfect chance to step up *grin*

Posted: Aug 4th 2009 7:44PM Johny B said

I say it's going to be FPS based on the eve story ... walking in stations ... or a mmorpg based on walking in stations.

Posted: Aug 4th 2009 7:56PM Temploiter said

Please let it be a sequel that runs side-by-side with the current EVE game but only it's ground combat with all new start-from-scratch ground-based skill trees. Kinda like what JTL was to SWG but in reverse. PLEASE!!

Posted: Aug 5th 2009 11:42AM Evy said

I really don't see a World of Darkness connection with that image.

Posted: Aug 6th 2009 9:25AM DataShade said

I've played most of the World of Darkness games, and I can't see any connection between that image and WoD, so I'm going with EVE FPS as well. Perhaps mercenaries, with vacuum-proof space environment suits for ship-to-ship combat, hostile boarding actions, etc?

Posted: Aug 25th 2009 12:52AM O Hawk said

Dust 514, will be directly linked to CCP's mmo of EvE online. It will complete the circle of full scale of warfare within the universe. While the ships of EvE online will be battling it out in space, and the atmospheres of planets. Dust 514 will be taking place on the ground as ground forces will fight for control over a planet. The players of EvE online will be able to set up contracts and missions for their Dust 514 counterparts to carry out while the EvE pilots carry out their own missions. The idea of this may seem staggering and hard to grasp, but it is very innovative and will be worth looking into.

Make My MMO: October 19 - 25, 2014