Posted: Aug 3rd 2009 8:36PM Miffy said

They need to hire a good Animator and player character modeler. I dunno why every small developer has trouble with these things the most. Your mmorpg could be the best thing in the world but these two things are the first things a player will notice and if they look like they do on this video then this game will flop.

The characters look all stiff and generic and dead behind the eyes. The animations on that melee just looked really horrible.

Fix these before you launch.

Also fix the way vehicles control cause not only do they feel stuck to the ground but they animated poorly and felt worse than the first 3D games in the mid 90's with vehicles.

Posted: Aug 3rd 2009 9:57PM (Unverified) said

I really like Fallen Earth, but this is a strange marketing strategy for a deep crafting game with some rather rudimentary combat.

Posted: Aug 3rd 2009 10:02PM Atnor said

Yeah, I didnt think the trailer was too bad. I'm not sure how it's gonna hold up against some of the bigger games coming down the pike. I do like this world's genre, but I dont know if it'll find a niche. FPS, MMO and crafting are an odd mix.

Posted: Aug 4th 2009 7:21AM (Unverified) said

That trailer actually convinced me to avoid Fallen Earth. Everything looked stiff and unrealistic. I was initially excited about this release, but after hearing about the Beta, the Bugs, and the Bad Animation, I am definitely avoiding it now.

Posted: Aug 4th 2009 1:46AM (Unverified) said

Well, aside from the horse, none of the vehicles work off-road. I'm still looking forward to this game having an Epic Fail. With all the bugs and everything else, will be glad to speak freely when NDA is lifted.

Posted: Aug 4th 2009 12:20PM (Unverified) said

Quit kidding yourself; you're already breaking the NDA by sharing that information in addition to saying that you're IN beta. I know because I've read the NDA (twice) and have broken it myself much. So, if you insist on breaking the NDA, then say what you have to say. I have my own opinion of FE, but I generally won't share it because no matter how good or bad a game is, I think it's always better for someone to form their own opinion firsthand instead of listening to a bunch of internet pundits.

Regarding this trailer: /eyeroll

Posted: Aug 4th 2009 7:44AM KDWhite said

there is one part at the beginning where some guy dressed in blue (with dead eyes I assume) was just standing there...popping/squirting out blood...I started laughing.

Why did they decide to put such a random out-of-context animation in a trailer?

and the Babes? I had to watch it twice to see where they were...O, I see them now. va-va-voom. Good thing I entered in my birthday, otherwise I'd feel naughty having watch the girls FROLIC about in such a way.

Laughable, but in a bad way.

Here's a tip to anyone who worked on/invested in Tabula Rasa. Watch the video and relive that sinking feeling of 'Oh noez, our product is doomed!'.

Why is there a cavewoman standing around picking her teeth (with a large knife) in a warehouse?

To answer this AND MANY MORE mysteries, play Fallen Earth.

Posted: Aug 4th 2009 1:01PM (Unverified) said

I'm pretty sure the "Babes?" part was not meant to be taken seriously, hence the question mark.