Posted: Jul 31st 2009 7:17PM Mr Angry said

Timed to perfection to compete with the DDO:U launch in North America, when Codemaster will have a bunch of players jump ship and try to play DDO on NA servers, rather than the Codemaster's servers. It's almost like they are saying, "we haven't got anything new for you guys, so let's make LOTRO free for a bit!!"

Also LOTRO, it's great, it's amazing.... but does anyone else think its, hmmm got kinda boring these days? It's definitely losing momentum in terms of great updates and the quality of the updates has declined, are we seeing what happens when a company becomes a little complacent (similarly in WoW too)

I had heard that changes are afoot with Codemasters anyway. Codemasters are actively pursuing a specific new IP quite aggressively, and off the back of that developing their own MMO for worldwide release. Maybe Turbine aren't so keen on that, and so it's feasible they might try and regain control of their European IP slowly, potentially that could start with DDO and the fact that Turbine are hiring European staff now too..... Be interesting to see how this one plays out between Turbine and Codemasters.

Posted: Jul 31st 2009 8:47PM Boruk said

It's not boring at the least...the ONLY thing that made me finally throw in the towel is the lag. It isn't lag on my end it's on their end and that what makes the game un-enjoyable for me..if there were no lag...I'd still be playing.

Posted: Jul 31st 2009 8:52PM Mr Angry said

Is so boring!

Posted: Jul 31st 2009 9:04PM JaySpeed said

No lag for me unless its 50 v 50 in the Moors.

PvE has become a little boring to me too but I'm not a raid type player. I'm more casual so I mainly craft and PvP. When Book 9 comes out I'll be PvEing again until that content gets stale. Then back to the Moors for me.

Posted: Jul 31st 2009 9:11PM Mr Angry said

FFS Turbine just abort the DDO release date, and put it back to September

Talk about a major screw up, canceling the launch 4 days before DDO was supposed to go live.

Posted: Aug 1st 2009 2:31PM spamero said

Meh... good game, great community, but the damn clunky combat makes me quit everytime

Betawatch: October 18 - 24, 2014