Posted: Jul 31st 2009 8:10AM Tom in VA said

Existing Games--
LotRO. I'd probably give that game another go if it came to the Mac

Upcoming Games--
SWTOR
STO
GW2

Warhammer, sadly, does not interest this here Mac owner one whit. :(

Posted: Jul 31st 2009 8:12AM (Unverified) said

Definitely LotRO.

Posted: Jul 31st 2009 8:22AM Marc711 said

swtor

Posted: Jul 31st 2009 8:22AM (Unverified) said

Guys, LoTRO plays PERFECTLY in Crossover Games. Try it if you haven't!

What do I want?
New games: SWTOR, Earthrise
Older Games: DAoC

I dunno... I pretty much am happy as a Mac MMOer nowadays. I'd definitely want to see SWTOR for Mac (Bioware has a decent track record with Macs). But otherwise, I can play EVE, CoX, WoW and now WAR, along with a kickass oldschool version of EQ.

I'd say that's a decent line up, not to mention what I can play through WINE. Glad to see the Mac getting more gaming attention.

Posted: Jul 31st 2009 12:14PM Tom in VA said

I *did* try this -- but I could not get the Crossover program to work properly (something about it not being able to handle the patch downloads, IIRC).

:-(

Posted: Jul 31st 2009 8:40AM Miffy said

If Apple come out with the IMac and it takes off in a big way like the Ipod and Iphone and suddenly the Mac is the place to make your games for because everyones got one. Then they'll all come to it but right now their Laptops and Desktops don't hold the power they do in other markets like MP3 players and Mobiles.

Posted: Jul 31st 2009 8:53AM pcgneurotic said

I'd like fries and a Coke with my Mac, please.

Posted: Jul 31st 2009 9:01AM JohnD212 said

• 1 heart
Wait...you can play games on a MAC? Come on...you're kidding right? I know there's a few titles (Sims, Myst etc..) but to seriously consider playing games on a MAC is foolish. Stick with the PC (which has years of experience growing a games market). Have your MAC for your foolish idol worship and silly little commercials but go back to your PC for gaming...nuff said!

Posted: Jul 31st 2009 9:22AM phobic99 said

Please tell me you're being sarcastic or something. Also, in case you're unaware a Mac is technically a PC by definition. Today's Apple computers use some of the exact same components as any Dell, HP, or whatever.

Posted: Jul 31st 2009 9:02AM ilfrance said

Since i only play Lotro, and i only boot windows to play it, i say Lotro :-)

Yes it works with crossover games, but with a big performance loss at least for me

Posted: Jul 31st 2009 9:09AM (Unverified) said

Aion!
WAR is surprisingly a great one, as my wife and I would never have bothered to reboot to try it. But now that it's on the Mac side we figured we may as well give it a shot.

Posted: Jul 31st 2009 9:10AM (Unverified) said

Honestly, I'd like to see all MMORPGs have some Mac version. Wishful thinking, yes, but being stuck with WoW is the most frustrating thing about owning a Mac.

Posted: Jul 31st 2009 9:15AM Arkanaloth said

GuildWars would be nice...
EVE too

as far as up-coming games go..

FF14, AION, GW2, SW:ToR

Posted: Jul 31st 2009 9:23AM (Unverified) said

@Arkanaloth
>GuildWars would be nice...
>EVE too

EVE is supported through a Cider built client.

Posted: Jul 31st 2009 9:22AM (Unverified) said

SWTOR!!!
SWTOR!!!
SWTOR!!!

I think Lotro could benefit from a Mac Port since they seem to grow slowly in numbers.

I also would like to see AoC but not Macs could play that beast anyway.

Posted: Jul 31st 2009 9:37AM Snow Leopard said

Definetly SWTOR

However I would like to see Darkfall. Despite how absolutely masochistic it looks, I find it intriguing.

Posted: Jul 31st 2009 9:56AM Freeballer said

only games I really play now is perfect world and ruin of magic so they get my vote... but I really don't see why any maker would rule out any group even if they are on diff hardware

Posted: Jul 31st 2009 10:02AM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
For Mac? Hello Kitty Online

Posted: Jul 31st 2009 10:07AM (Unverified) said

Now that Warhammer is coming to the Mac, I would love to see Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2, if both of them came out with a mac client, I would get a mac right away ^^

Posted: Jul 31st 2009 10:21AM (Unverified) said

Forget Mac, I want to see more MMOs run under Linux. Cedega based is fine.

I had a Mac Pro, the only Mac where you can feasibly replace the graphics card (I've heard rumours about the high end iMacs having removable graphics cards, but not that there's anything to replace them with). When a vaguely up to date graphics card was finally released by Apple, it came out $200-ish over the price of the equivalent PC card. It's just insane...