Posted: Jul 29th 2009 3:50PM (Unverified) said

Another vote for Mechwarrior.

I'd also like to see a Warmachine MMO based on the game from Privateer Press. Great game, great back story.

Posted: Jul 29th 2009 4:09PM Zeltek said

I think that an MMO based on Glen Cooks 'Dread Empire' novels could be incredible.

Posted: Jul 29th 2009 4:29PM (Unverified) said

i like to see:

Harry Potter

Transformers

Gi Joe

Posted: Jul 29th 2009 4:59PM godlyhalo said

I would like to see...

Shadowrun

Something based off the anime Black Lagoon

Posted: Jul 29th 2009 5:29PM (Unverified) said

Tron FTW. Hopefully the new movie will spawn some good games.

Posted: Jul 29th 2009 7:56PM Sigma7 said

Shadowrun, nothing else matters..

Posted: Jul 29th 2009 8:13PM (Unverified) said

1. Neuromancer/ Sprawl Trilogy

2. Battletech

3. Underworld

Posted: Jul 29th 2009 9:21PM (Unverified) said

1) Amber (novels by Roger Zelazy, multi-cosm epic multigenre)
2) Babylon 5 (perfetc factional system)
3) Avatar: The Last AIrbender (great factions, powes, world)

Posted: Jul 29th 2009 10:28PM (Unverified) said

I can't believe no one has mentioned the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IP yet! And no, I'm not talking about the Sat. morning cartoon pizza-eating variety. I'm talking the original Peter Laird & Kevin Eastman canon.

There was even a large table-top pen & paper RPG out that was a ton of fun and I really enjoyed playing it! Of course, now I've just dated myself.......*goes back to the retirement home*

Posted: Jul 30th 2009 5:32AM (Unverified) said

+1 for a Firelfy MMO, although honestly I think I'd be iffy about it unless Whedon was on the project as well.

As for a Fallout MMO, If it's made with an intro sequence even close to Fallout 3, I'd play it just for that. Although I must admit it would be fairly easy to make content for it. I'm personally hoping Bestheda will get hold of the reigns, but thats just me.

I was honestly thinking about how a Left4Dead MMO would work. From what I could find out about the AI director, it'd seem to be really easy as it already tracks "difficulty" by player as well as group. The mina problem would be writing away the issue of being killed, although there are a lot of MMO's that just sidestep the issue already :P As much as I'd love it, I don't think we'll see it until at least after Half Life 3 comes to the shelf with the next version of the Source engine, but who knows.

For my addition, I'd say that I'd love to see an MMO based on Ian Irvine's "A Tale of Three Worlds" series, maybe set in one of the other worlds or an alternate timeline. (the books only follow the events of one world for most of the three series.)

PassingS

Posted: Jul 30th 2009 9:07AM (Unverified) said

Hmmm I think either a Harry Potter or a Discworld would be alot of fun to play.
Especially the Discworld series.

Posted: Jul 30th 2009 7:08PM (Unverified) said

HARRY POTTER: I've seen all the votes for it, but it really, really lends itself to the MMO genre. I'd play the game for the crafting alone. Imagine questing and exploring to find materials to make your own wand, or even little extras like the Weasley practical joke items. Skills could easily be based on classes you take at Hogwarts. Really...it's perfect. Classes would be questionable, but it would be awesome to choose sides in the whole Death-Eater thing. There's so much to go off of here. Please. Somebody make this.

Posted: Jul 31st 2009 4:07PM (Unverified) said

I'd like to see a game based on Larry Niven/Jerry Pournelle's "The Mote In God's Eye", or rather that universe (does it have a name?)

Admit it, you wanna PvP on Haven.

I also wanna see B5, Firefly and Dune MMOs, but I've been beaten to the punch on those

Posted: Aug 1st 2009 3:25PM (Unverified) said

Y'all should be ashamed of yourselves. Several days and NO ONE has mentioned the single best IP for an MMO ever? Fighting, gadgets, explosions and the potential for a complex player-run economy to rival Eve -- yeah, the best undeveloped MMO ever is:

Steve Jackson's Car Wars.

The Stream Team: Adios, Elite: Dangerous