Posted: Jul 28th 2009 11:14AM (Unverified) said

Game isn't even ready for Alpha much less beta Horrid Character models, incomplete content, and no real polish or attention to detail. The sad part about this is it is everything David Allen formerly of Artifact entertainment railed against when Horizons was taken away from him...yet he is making the same Mistakes.

Posted: Jul 28th 2009 11:32AM (Unverified) said

You sound so informed, Wolfy. So... you're currently playing to know all that first hand?

OT:

I researched the game about a year ago. While they have some nice ideas... it's just to much "been there done that" of any other Fantasy MMOG. Nothing over the top to sell people on.

At this point, I'm not sure there are many people that will disagree that the Fantasy genre w/in the MMO copious has been played the eff out. At least from what I've seen offered as upcoming releases.

Posted: Jul 28th 2009 12:37PM GRT said

I'll back him up -- it needs more time to cook.

Also needs a way to differentiate itself from WoW and Runes of Magic.

Posted: Jul 28th 2009 11:29AM (Unverified) said

The character models look like they were ripped from WoW, and then tweaked ever so slightly.

Posted: Jul 28th 2009 11:36AM mmark said

Looks like they are trying to be as tight lipped about PvP as possible. Only one sentence in the FAQ even suggests that the two factions cannot group together because they are sworn enemies.
PvP is such a huge issue for people when choosing a game. Its not a good sign that they are trying to hide it.

Posted: Jul 28th 2009 12:21PM (Unverified) said

Currently playing in private beta - biggest wow clone created so far, on every front. They have added features wow doesn't have, but besides the unique features such as studying and so forth EVERYTHING is almost identical to wow. Everything.

Posted: Jul 28th 2009 12:38PM elocke said

If you go under features on the website, it states they will have PVE and PVP servers. Sounds like it will have PVP to me. I'll try the game, but I'm not expecting much. Because of that, maybe the game will surprise me.

Posted: Jul 28th 2009 12:53PM (Unverified) said

Hi guys,

We're still in private beta and appreciate the feedback, whether positive or negative.

The game still has a lot of work to go so you will see more changes as we move forward. I'm currently working on a gameplay video to give more of a sense of what the game is like for folks not in beta yet.

Thanks for your comments!

Posted: Jul 28th 2009 12:57PM elocke said

I have to say, after reading through the features, the deity system, crusades, and the studying aspect. I am intrigued. Even more intrigued about the quest system tailoring itself to your character. I want to hear more. I also am really enjoying the music in the media section. Music in mmorpgs is very important to me and it sounds like you guys realize this. Now I can't wait to try the game. And here I thought september would only bring me Champions Online. Ha! I like surprises like this.

Posted: Jul 28th 2009 1:21PM (Unverified) said

I should mention there are some videos up already:

I'm working on a new one since we just put a major patch in the beta.

BTW, I'm the Community & PR Manager for Alganon and Quest Online.

Forgot to mention that... I shouldn't post when I haven't had coffee yet LOL

THANKS!

Posted: Jul 28th 2009 5:20PM mysecretid said

I honestly wonder if the main market (gamers) really want or need yet another standard, archetypal fantasy MMORPG.

With all the choices out there, are there still people who can't get their "general fantasy" MMORPG on?

Most of the dissatisfaction with fantasy MMORPGs I see comes from gamers who want very specifically-flavored gameplay _variants_.

Are there really a whole bunch of general-fantasy gamers who _still_ can't find anything to like?

Posted: Jul 29th 2009 2:00AM elocke said

I think it is more along the line of, there will always be an audience for fantasy. I like fantasy. A lot. I prefer it over sci fi. But, I do foray into sci fi for a change of pace, but I will still , always come back to a great fantasy game/story because I prefer fantasy. Pretty simple really.

Posted: Jul 29th 2009 3:30AM Dblade said

Ok, the deity aspect sounds pretty cool. Massive gods controlled by actual staff that roam around the world players play in and organize crusades? That could have some potential to it. Everything else, I don't know, seems vanilla.

Posted: Jul 30th 2009 4:07PM (Unverified) said

BTW we've set up an official beta sign-up page at http://www.alganon.com/signup

Betawatch: December 13 - 19, 2014