Posted: Jul 27th 2009 4:57PM Nadril said

For those who never played Matrix Online Giantbomb.com is doing a weekly "endurence run" for MxO. Both of them are very new in general to MxO so it's pretty funny watching them awkwardly stumbling around, but it's a great final look at the game.

Posted: Jul 27th 2009 5:34PM (Unverified) said

Hopefully the end to the single most retarded IP ever.

Posted: Jul 27th 2009 5:53PM (Unverified) said

That sounds cool, not cool enough to make me want to play it, but still...

Posted: Jul 27th 2009 6:36PM ttvp said

Not to mention that they upgraded every character to level 50 with like 400 billion Information each. I know because the trial account I made the day I heard about it closing down is still active, as well as my (formerly) level 5 character.

It also seems they activated full pvp, since that's the first time I've seen that notification in my system messages, also every player I run across is colored red to me.

Seriously check it out if you have any interest at all, there's a lot more going on than just a retextured sky. Time for me to find out all I can in the last 5 days.

Posted: Jul 27th 2009 7:52PM Crsh said

So the game reached its peak in terms of gameplay and sheer fun the week it shuts down? Where do I begin..

Posted: Aug 3rd 2009 1:29AM (Unverified) said

Those of us who played MXO from beta were very sad to see it go. despite all of the problems it had over the years. The community which remained after all this time was very tight knit.. and even now, the Matrix storyline meant a lot to the players, It was more then your typical "I pwn you" type of MMO. although there was certainly people who engaged in that sort of thing. If you are familiar with the Matrix storyline, there were spiritual and philosophical aspects to it. although the way SOE massacred the game over the years, you would be hard pressed to find that towards the end.
Some people blamed Ben Chamberlin (Rarebit), but considering that SOE expected him to be a one-man dev team, I think he did the best he could. Could have he done better? Sure, and I think he would be the first one to say that. The people who I blame, though, is the higher-ups at SOE whose incompetence and apathy towards their own customer base shined through like never before,

Ask Massively: What's with all the WoW hate?

Posted on Apr 18th 2014 12:00PM

The Daily Grind: Which MMO has the best economy?

Posted on Apr 18th 2014 8:00AM