Posted: Jul 25th 2009 11:12PM TheJackman said

everquest 2 does have all the elements I am looking for in a mmo! But and its a big but when I was playing it everything did feel so dated. The grapics and designs.

If they every release a Everquest 3 I will be the first too buy it!

Posted: Jul 26th 2009 12:01AM (Unverified) said

I agree, EQII has everything I want in an MMO. The graphics aren't a huge concern for me, but mostly the fact that 90% of all zones are deserted. The world just feels so desolate. If it were more populous, I'd resub in an instant.

Posted: Jul 27th 2009 10:04PM wjowski said

It's hilarious that people talk about EQ2's 'dated graphics' when there's even older MMOs out there sporting vastly superior aesthetics. Just goes to show that good graphics isn't all about pushing hardware.

Posted: Jul 25th 2009 11:13PM ultimateq said

Cheesy, yet that is what they were going for, so that makes it kind of awesome.

Posted: Jul 26th 2009 12:07PM Miffy said

• 1 heart
Everquest is such a generic IP and these events are just ghey. It's what turns off all my friends who play WoW because they look at this and think what geeks. I'll have to agree cause it just feels like more lackluster content from SOE. We see it in Planetside with the cheese filled Bending event and the Ewok Love day or whatever they called it and all the other crap they have ruining the Star Wars IP. We see it all the time with Everquest games and even The Matrix online. I just can't stand SOE and how they put the least effort into content and try to rush it all the time and we get crap like this. Look at WoW and the amazing content blizzard packs into that game. Compared the instances in SWG which are basically an empty room with the same reused textures and layout thats been in the game for years. To an Instance Blizzard makes which are always so epic.

I agree to what killed EQ2 for me was the lack of players because I want to group in an mmo and yet I come back to play my character and theres like 30 odd servers and my server is dead and I'm not making a new char or paying for a transfer.

EQ2 is setup in a way it can clone zone again and again. In beta I remember there was one server with about 6-8 Antonicas to choose from. I don't understand why they didn't keep the game 1 server and just clone the zones when one gets full. Then atleast I'd find people to group with in the mid 20's cause I ain't soloing it's boring.

All you do then is allow people to set themselves to Overt or Covert for if you want to be open to PVP or not like how SWG handled it. That works a charm and keeps everyone together.

Posted: Jul 26th 2009 2:25PM (Unverified) said

We get it dude, you love WoW. WoW isn't everyone's type of game.

Posted: Jul 27th 2009 12:37AM Pigeonko said

I find it hilarious that you're bashing EQ... with that username.

Posted: Jul 27th 2009 1:36AM (Unverified) said

I loved ever quest 2, and it's kewl they have new content like this, it just never ran well on my system.

Posted: Jul 26th 2009 4:43PM (Unverified) said