Posted: Jul 22nd 2009 3:36PM Morde said

Whoah. Perhaps new UO? Though for Asia markets only. Humm, suppose I'll have to brush up on my Oriental languages, won't I?

Posted: Jul 22nd 2009 4:28PM ultimateq said

I read "New Ultima Online!". I began to get excited, my palms began to sweat, my heart rate began to rise and I started to breath heavily. As I began to contemplate what this meant, I could hear the angels sing and the demons cry. The stars aligned and a pillar of light came down from heaven, through my roof and shined on my monitor as those magical words trailed onto the screen.

As I was pondering the meaning of existence, and how it would change with this new Ultima Online. Some other mysterious words came onto my screen, they almost seemed foreign, but I could swear I recognized them. After thinking about it for what seemed like an eternity, I comprehended the 2 simple words. And they read, "For China".

Those 2 words lead to chaos, not on the streets, but in my mind. The pillar of light that ordained my monitor as a messenger of joy was replaced with fire as I am now cursed to wander this existence with a "New Ultima Online for China".

Posted: Jul 22nd 2009 5:00PM Anatidae said

Anyone still play UO and can comment on the state of the game?

Posted: Jul 22nd 2009 5:03PM wjowski said

What franchise will they shit on next?

Posted: Jul 25th 2009 12:32AM (Unverified) said

Why are they doing this in China? First they do Dungeon Keeper and now Ultima Online. Two franchises that the Chinese could probably care less about in terms of the actual franchise, it's story and gameplay. Why don't they just create a new IP? Why do they need some name that means nothing to them? Most UO subscribers are in Japan while the rest are mostly in North America and Europe.

Not that it matters because these games will likely be nothing like the rest of their franchises games and likely won't be considered as an actual Ultima or Dungeon Keeper game even by EA themselves. What is the point of using these names rather than just making up some name for a new game?

Posted: Jul 23rd 2009 2:21AM (Unverified) said

It's because you don't consider the money that they can generate in China. It's an untapped resource, just look what Nike does with their endorsements with Yao Ming. Eh? Just imagine those huge mass of population whether its full of gold farmers or players, sill the presence in their and in the market.

Try to think of others countries state so that you may know what the head executives are also thinking for their market shares.

Posted: Jul 22nd 2009 10:16PM (Unverified) said

Maybe there looking at the overseas success of Aion. Trying to capture a piece of that before the hype machine in the NA/EU kicks in. If Aion is Successful in the NA/EU then perhaps the new UO will come here?

Posted: Jul 23rd 2009 6:49AM (Unverified) said

I feel like I just got run over by a tank.

Global Chat: Doom and WAAAGH!

Posted on Jul 22nd 2014 8:00PM