Posted: Jul 20th 2009 8:30PM JohnD212 said

The looks really nice from all the YouTube videos...VERY Oblivion...but I would hesitate to play it in Beta...this type of game is more than likely going to take a lot of beta work to get it working correctly. Will be interesting to watch though...

Posted: Jul 20th 2009 8:51PM EvEisCool said

I was not aware that the beta client had been launched yet. To the best of my knowledge it has been delayed.

Posted: Jul 20th 2009 8:54PM (Unverified) said

Ummm... Beta was supposed to start today (Monday 20th). However, there has been a delay. And since it's technically Tuesday in many countries, this editorial is no longer accurate.

That said, I'm one of the lucky 999 who got a hold of a Ltd Edition box. So I'm anxiously awaiting entry into Beta. This game already has a great community built around it. M.O. may never be more than a niche MMO, but if Star Vault can deliver on it's vision, it's going to be a great alternative to the mainstream MMO.

Posted: Jul 20th 2009 8:58PM Mr Angry said

I want you to spill your guts on this, break any NDA you see fit, this is the only MMO I can see buying this year. I was a bit surprised about how they costed this (it was expensive) and also it's quite a lot before release, so any news you got, would be good!

Posted: Jul 20th 2009 9:05PM bartillo said

Once the digital download is available it will be much more affordable (cheaper then darkfall)

The reason box and LE is so expensive is that is the price they had to be to make a profit, you guys dont understand that the box is also a limited. There is only 10,000 copies and once those are gone thats it unless there is a HUGE demand for more to be printed. Digital download will be the only way once game is release.

LE and box was made because the community asked the devs for it.

Posted: Jul 20th 2009 9:03PM bartillo said

Ya the devs have said they are working very hard to get the beta client out as soon as its ready.

I also have a LE, very excited about mortal.

are you pre ordering Colin?

Posted: Jul 20th 2009 9:05PM (Unverified) said

The only bad thing about this game is the strict perspective (i.e. first person only). If it had optional 3rd person, I would probably be on the bandwagon with a LE box and bag o' loot.

Posted: Jul 20th 2009 9:08PM bartillo said

First person adds a lot more to this game, with FPV only you are going to be way more immersed imo.

Plus i mean things like stealth can be taken care of by sound rather then some invis thing like WoW does.

As in being stealthy would be sneaking up behind someone quietly and stabbing them before they know your there, FPV will make things more dangerous and exciting as you have to watch your back.

Posted: Jul 20th 2009 9:10PM (Unverified) said

I hate paid betas. Paying to provide a service to developers is a rip-off any way you cut it.

Posted: Jul 20th 2009 9:12PM bartillo said

If the devs did not do a full paid pre order they would have to release the game early and unfinished, indie means = little money.

Posted: Jul 20th 2009 9:54PM (Unverified) said

Andrew:

It's NOT a piad Beta. It is no different than buying a Pre-order box for Aion and playing Beta. People who purchased the LE and Box wanted the physical media and extras over the digital download.

Lastly, M.O. is not being published by EA or Activision. M.O. is being developed by a small independent out of Sweden. I'll happily help fund their development to help bring something different to the MMO genre. You can stick with the corporate mainstream MMO choices if you like. I'd much prefer to take my chances with independent developers who don't have anyone to answer to but themselves.

Posted: Jul 20th 2009 11:54PM Keen and Graev said

So did or didn't MO start beta today? I'm hearing "Yes" and "No" from different sources. Can we get an 'official' answer?

Posted: Jul 21st 2009 1:46AM (Unverified) said

No Keen. There is some glitch between Star Vault and their Account manager/provider Global Collect that is hosing up authentication (my take anyway).

Man I really feel for the Star Vault devs and mods. There are some real arses on the forums who's lives apparently depend on playing Beta. Most however, are very supportive of the devs and understanding. I mean, who has not been through this before with other MMO betas?

Hopefully within 48 hours everything will be resolved. I'd be lying if I didn't say when I get up in the morning the first thing I'm checking is for a live beta client link!

Posted: Jul 21st 2009 12:15AM (Unverified) said

still hasnt started as of now

Posted: Jul 21st 2009 12:52AM Suspiro said

Got into Block A by buying the $100 Full Loot Bag but no download avail. yet. BTW this is in fact paid beta since on most pre-orders including Aion you can change your mind and cancel the order and never pay anything. With MO, you pay before the beta even starts and there are no refunds. Still no regrets on my part so we'll see how it goes and the game shapes up

Posted: Jul 21st 2009 1:33AM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
I can't believe people are getting scammed into a paid beta. The game itself has been delayed at least 3 times, and the beta has been delayed at least twice. Alpha reports are saying crashes with 5 men fighting and arrow flights not even being coded in yet. Sounds like another Age of Conan trying to pull all money possible before it crashes and burns.

Posted: Jul 21st 2009 1:48AM (Unverified) said

You'd have some credibility, except that Age of Conan has turned out to be a great MMORPG.

Posted: Jul 21st 2009 5:54AM (Unverified) said

ax42, learn some solid facts before spouting off the unfounded rumours. I haven't heard anything official about the game being delayed. The beta has been put back once by 2 weeks. Dev's have stated that the 5-man crash/lag isn't true, and that it works fine, that rumour is completely unfounded (although it seems popular on DF forums I hear). The trajectory-based arrow flights are in the game.

Also, people may be paying for the main reason of getting into the beta, but don't forget you also get an account with a free month out of it too.

Posted: Jul 21st 2009 2:36AM Cicadymn said

Friend of mine got kicked out of Block A after they told him that's what he would be in. Apparently some eff ups in the credit card processing put them ahead of him. So now he's gotta wait an extra two weeks. Heh. Not surprised. Not many companies handle preorders/beta perfectly.

Posted: Jul 21st 2009 2:50AM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
'' except that Age of Conan has turned out to be a great MMORPG.''

hahahahahahaha!!!! HAHAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!