Posted: Jul 15th 2009 10:24AM Arkanaloth said

Clearly the ring of fire... you're almost done. I'm currently logged in standing at Abbadon's Mouth preparing to run that mission it's been awesome seeing your progress as it nearly mirrors my own... (p.s. the Doppleganger was ridiculously easy)

Posted: Jul 15th 2009 10:34AM Tom in VA said

Ahhh, Guild Wars is such a great game.

Your game articles, Shawn, *almost* make me want to go back to playing it. Indeed, had I not already played through all three campaigns plus the EotN expansion on a Ranger, Monk, Warrior, and Elementalist, I would probably go back to GW.

I tried out the Necromancer, Assassin, Ritualist, Dervish, and Paragon classes but just did not like them much. I got fairly far along with a Mesmer but then I just burned out altogether.

It makes me kind of wistful and sad that ArenaNet pretty much gave up on this game. (Yes, I know GW2 is coming, but I think the original GW still had a lot of potential.)

GW catered wonderfully to players (like me) who enjoy grouping with other players *occasionally* but who mostly just want to log on and PLAY. The henchies/heroes suited me perfectly for most (probably 95%) of my GW playing time, with grouping/PUGing making up the remaining 95% when I felt like grouping with other players.

In GW, you can log on, pull an (NPC) party together, and be running a challenging group mission or dungeon all within a couple of minutes. It was wonderful.

I really wish there were more online games like Guild Wars. ...

Posted: Jul 15th 2009 4:05PM Graill440 said

You need more challenge, delete your toon and start over using a different class and hairdo.

Posted: Jul 15th 2009 5:57PM TheJackman said

Finish up the main goal and play a other game like Age of Conan or Warcraft hell even Warhammer!

Posted: Jul 15th 2009 8:16PM (Unverified) said

Have you gone after Glint yet?

Or - why not try the Sorrow's Furnace quests? You get there from the Deldrimor War Camp (in the Shiverpeaks)

Posted: Jul 15th 2009 8:23PM (Unverified) said

I vote for Glint if you haven't already done it. Such a fun bonus...

Posted: Jul 15th 2009 8:25PM (Unverified) said

Erp, nevermind. I just caught up on the gallery and realized you already did take Glint down. Nice job and all that.

Now head to the Ring of Fire and finish Prophecies off.

Posted: Jul 18th 2009 2:26PM (Unverified) said