Posted: Jul 10th 2009 7:57PM Graill440 said

Well hell, no coverage after 2 full days of our latest EVE thief? Amazing it wasnt a dev this time.

But then so much bad press is selectively hidden as not to reflect badly by the folks that pay you to advertise for them.

The really suprising thing is the sentiment for this thief, his child blah blah blah, if that were indeed the excuse to garner sympathy,

1: why still play EVE if your in debt,(other than to plan/execute/and steal from the fabulous EVE community) 2: Why put money down on a new house when your kid needs the funds? 3: sob stories aside, why werent the families/relatives of the thief helping them out? 4: Why not ask the stellar EVE community for help, most certainly the 500 thousand subscribers EVE touts would have pitched in and saved this thiefs account and certainly the thief would have gotten much more cash.

Oh, and good luck in the CCP dev tourny.

Posted: Jul 11th 2009 12:02AM (Unverified) said

@Graill, that event you claim we selectively didn't cover over the past 2 days? I wrote about that *one month ago*:

and followed up on it over a week ago:

And once again, no outside parties pay us for content or coverage. We write about what interests us and what we feel is important or newsworthy in the MMO industry, not what any company wants us to write. Or conversely as you're implying, we don't kill stories because any company wants us to.

Last point: This post is about the EVE Alliance Tournament. It has nothing to do with in-game embezzlements, game developers, or anything else mentioned in your comment, aside from your last line.

Posted: Jul 11th 2009 4:18AM Seraphina Brennan said

You know I don't play EVE, right? It's just a reminder. I dunno where any of that dev stuff came from...

Posted: Jul 11th 2009 4:22AM (Unverified) said

That theft occured weeks ago, the MSM were just really slow at picking it up.

You really like posting about a game you hate, you seem a little bitter. But I'll accept your good luck wishes, competition is going to be tough this year, especially with the new rules.

Posted: Jul 10th 2009 11:59PM Graill440 said

Never assume anything about me since you dont know me first off hero. If you feel you need insight on me read some or all of my posts, i am an equal opp critic. Unlike others on this blogsite or its contributors i single nothing out, if the bucket is full, and it doth reeketh, then there is only one conclusion, but i see from your statement you might find that bucket sweet smelling.

I give credit where credit is due and dress down idiots where its needed since the majority of folks like yourself seem to be sheep and dont like rocking the boat or speaking out with common sense or you pout about the politicaly incorrect or your simply to sensitive to state the obvious. Now take your fanboi ass and go play your game. (grin)

FYI, i like EVE, I DO NOT like the devs or their innability to turn the game into something better than the dripping tripe it is right now. Have a nice day.

Posted: Jul 11th 2009 12:36AM SgtBaker said

LOL, he's just another "devs are runing the game" kid.
C'mon buddy, start coding your own MMO, we're waiting for your EVE killer.

Posted: Jul 11th 2009 12:34AM (Unverified) said

*SNIFF, SNIFF* I smell a disgruntled employee around here somewheres..... shouldn't have come to work after an all nighter with cocaine and strippers... Maybe youd still be working on a game that you secretly love... @Grail

Posted: Jul 11th 2009 5:00AM (Unverified) said

Graill, I've read your posts, everyone here considers you the EVE troll, including the staff.

You really are quite bitter, even by SHC standards. Dont try to paint yourself as some kind of oracle, your reputation precedes you.

For what its worth, my in game name is "Xennith" and I've played since 2006 with a few breaks. I enjoy EVE, and it has been getting better year on year. CCP are doing a good job, CCP Claw does a great job with the tournament (and I have no idea what you're talking about with the dev-tournament tbh). Still, some people are really hard to please and you I suspect are one of the hardest.

Posted: Jul 11th 2009 4:15PM halfcaptain said

You'd think he'd get tired of being so ornery, but Graill is still at it. I'm almost impressed.

I'm looking forward to the tournament coverage myself. Even if you aren't an active pvp-er yourself, it's still a worthwhile thing to sit down and watch. Plus, the quality of the coverage gets better every year. For those that haven't, check out past tournament through the EVE TV link in the article.

One Shots: Mandy the Christmas Whale