Posted: Jul 10th 2009 12:06PM Mr Angry said

Mythic AND Lucas.......

Excuse my French, but how much more fucked can this game get, they going to get McQuaid involved too?

Posted: Jul 10th 2009 12:12PM Who Plugged in the Overlord said

Well, he is looking to get back in the industry, at least according to his blog, so let's not rule anything out yet.

I mean, what better way to make a comeback after Vanguard...

Posted: Jul 10th 2009 4:57PM (Unverified) said

don't forget, its published by EA too! If bioware can still pull this off with all these things working against them, they may be the best development studio ever formed

Posted: Jul 10th 2009 2:54PM Anatidae said

Might as well invite Garriot into the mix.

Posted: Jul 10th 2009 4:30PM ultimateq said

haha. You guys are hilarious, in a funny way, not in a "Wow, your wrong" way.

Posted: Jul 10th 2009 12:17PM Valentina said

Um, this is not necessarily a bad thing, Lucas *did* create the Star Wars franchise so he has every right to see the way this game is made, it doesn't mean he's going to do anything.

Posted: Jul 10th 2009 12:18PM (Unverified) said

I would point out that Lucas was "involved" with KOTOR and pretty much every other Star Wars game, including The Force Unleashed, which had an awesome storyline.

Posted: Jul 10th 2009 5:53PM (Unverified) said

Well let's hope he doesn't, then. Or if he does, that he has someone standing behind him ready to say "no George, that's a stupid idea", just like he DIDN'T when making the second trilogy of movies.

Posted: Jul 11th 2009 9:11AM (Unverified) said

>"which had an awesome storyline."

And he was more than "involved" with several movies which did *not*.

Posted: Jul 10th 2009 12:25PM Platypus Man said

This is not such a bad thing -- at least, not to me. Certainly, the man can't direct actors and he can't write believable dialog to save his life... but he is partly responsible for some of the most incredible technical innovations in moviemaking. And as starzzareblind pointed out -- there'd be no "Star Wars" if it weren't for Mr. Lucas.

If his role is confined to an advisory one, I think his involvement in ST:TOR will make it better.

Posted: Jul 10th 2009 12:38PM archipelagos said

Agreed. If his role is simply advisory and not directorial in any capacity I think people can rest easy.

Posted: Jul 10th 2009 2:58PM Anatidae said

I think Lucas *used* to have great ideas. Or, well, he did a good job of taking classic movie types and wrapping them into a space opera. Also, he had help with the early movies from talented people.

The latest batch of crap was horrible junk aimed at 6 year olds. Episode 1,2,3 could have been the quality and awesomeness of the new Start Trek - even more.

I am afraid that I wouldn't trust Lucas in a producer role pretty much anywhere, other than offering the best way to milk the public of money. Creatively, I don't like his current work at all. Just because you had a great idea does not mean you keep having them you know.

Posted: Jul 16th 2009 3:20PM (Unverified) said

Storyline for The Force Unleashed wasn't written by George Lucas, otherwise that game would've have melt downed due to the second coming of Jar Jar Binks, buddy. For our sakes you better hope that Georgy boy there doesn't decide to forcibly add any of his more "creative ideas" into TOR.

Posted: Jul 10th 2009 12:57PM (Unverified) said

Well, I think it's less of a "how can I create too" role, adn more of a "Don't mess up this video game, like the one with Sony that was "supposed" to make us a bunch of money".

His involvment in the day-to-day of anything in the LA corp is pretty minimal.

It equates to the President of NFL football team being "involved" in the hot dog vendor managment meetings. Probably very little, if any.

Posted: Jul 10th 2009 1:07PM Keen and Graev said

Lucas has made it a point to keep an eye on and tries to have a hand in everything involved with his IP. I think it's a good thing.

Posted: Jul 10th 2009 1:20PM Cpuser said

Honestly, I don't think George Lucas has been associated with anything that has had real artistic or cultural value for at least 25 years. Unfortunately, unlike in sports where your body eventually forces you to leave the game, the entertainment industry allows has-beens to linger on and on and on...

Posted: Jul 10th 2009 1:21PM Mr A said

I sure hope he's not involved. Everything Lucas touches these days turns to crap. Once he was great, but now he's just crap. I don't know if his politics or his money have gotten in the way, but now he's just crap. He should step aside, and take Spielburg with him, too.

Posted: Jul 10th 2009 1:29PM (Unverified) said

Yea! I'll finally be able to sleep at night knowing Ewoks will be a playable race.

Posted: Jul 10th 2009 1:37PM Interitus said

• 1 heart
I can't wait for Lucas written quests! /sarcasm

Posted: Jul 10th 2009 1:38PM (Unverified) said

There is potential for that to be awesome. Just think about it.

"I need you to take this ancient artifact and uh, rub it on this furry creature."

"What?"