Posted: Jul 7th 2009 11:20AM (Unverified) said

Good Luck to them,

Posted: Jul 7th 2009 11:18AM (Unverified) said

A Moldering Monday smoothly melds into a Terrible Tuesday with this news. The Rezzable builds are entertaining, inspiring, and unparalleled. And I've spent a fair bit of my treasure supporting them through purchasing Rezzable content. Needless to say I'm depressed but I also feel angry and abandoned. I was thinking of registering at Heritage Key so I could revisit the fabulous King Tut build but I'm not sure I wish to support the organization at this time.

But I do wish all the Rezzable people that I've met the best of luck. I will miss them the most.

Posted: Jul 7th 2009 2:05PM (Unverified) said

Thank you for writing about this, Tateru. Of course, we did not follow Massively closely enough - blush - and started updating the HK grid code today, which lead to minor & major inconvenience for those trying to log in. Sorry for that!

Works on this have been finished now, and all should be back to normal for users, even a better experience than before the update. So err.. go check it out! ;)

Posted: Jul 7th 2009 4:19PM (Unverified) said

Linden Labs is to blame for not wooing one of their best content creators. It's about costs in a down economy for Rezzable.

It makes a heck of a lot more sense to build in OpenSim for projects like Tut: more prims, more ability to customize, more ability to back up content locally on servers you own.

In my 2+ years of blogging about SL and teaching with it, I have tried to avoid LL bashing, a popular enough sport to quality for the Olympics.

Yet as I toured the OpenSim build for Heritage Key, I saw the future: centralized grids like LL's will never compete when OS matures (when avatars and their inventories can move from grid to grid).

Posted: Jul 7th 2009 4:47PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
@Iggy O
so, you're that firm - 2 years + - but still calling them "Linden Labs"? it's said Lab, not Labs. lol

Posted: Jul 15th 2009 10:55AM (Unverified) said

@sinead

Guilty as charged. "Lab." Don't blame me if I fall into the plural on occasion :)

Posted: Jul 7th 2009 10:14PM (Unverified) said

LL's management continues to ignore the individual users, largely. I wonder if they will take note on the departure of such a visible, widely-known content creator such as this? Is it wishful thinking to hope that they would sit up and start taking user feedback seriously?

I don't blame Rezzable; they are looking out for their own interests. The LL management's incorrigible approach to the SL community is where I point the finger of blame.

Thank you for reporting on this, Tateru.

Posted: Jul 8th 2009 5:59AM Joystiq Login Bugs SUCK said

Let's hope many more big names desert the Lab and move into a more productive space with static and sensible rules and non-gouging price structures.

Good Luck Rezzable.

Posted: Jul 8th 2009 8:39PM EvaliaMagic said

They'll be missed on grid. Sadly I don't have the time or patience to go hook up to separately linked OpenSim grids, and the opensim experience just isn't up to snuff quite yet. Don't blame Rezzable for not wanting to deal with LL anymore, though.

Posted: Jul 11th 2009 4:38PM (Unverified) said

I think they're brilliant... Immersion 2.0 - via Rezzable?