Posted: Jul 7th 2009 9:09AM Bueno said

Exciting news. Now the proper mechanics are in place since 1.5 they can finally move forward with adding content.

Resubbed for the last patch and I urge returning or new players to check out the changes. I plan to stay now and am excited for upcoming expansions. Even PvP which I didn't like before has caught my interest simply due to now being able to fully utilize all your abilities and defensive skills.

Posted: Jul 7th 2009 9:51AM Lateris said

How is the Assassin these days with 1.5?

Posted: Jul 7th 2009 10:25AM TheJackman said

DX10 is still in beta mode even in 1.5..... And they are talking about new expansion!? I

Posted: Jul 7th 2009 10:41AM (Unverified) said

The deceptive truth about that though: The beta DX10 in AoC > any other implementaion of live DX10 in any mmog to date.

It's nearly working, but from what I've read it still needs some tweaking.

Posted: Jul 7th 2009 10:42AM Nottom said

It's 1.05 actually.

I had the same reaction you did, but then I asked myself; would I rather have had them work on getting DX10 fully implemented or making the game actually fun to play?

I'm having more fun now than I did at launch, and this is with several new toons. I know Tortage was never the problem, but I just remember feeling burned out on it after finally moving to Tarantia. Now I'm excited to explore the world.

Posted: Jul 7th 2009 11:17AM (Unverified) said

I am really tempted to resubscribe at this point. The game has gone far from what it was at launch from what I can see and the fact that I can make a level 50 character right away really tempts me to try a class that I always wanted to play but could not get far with due to boredom.

Posted: Jul 7th 2009 11:49AM (Unverified) said

you lost me at Erling Erllingson.

until that fat SOB is fired for his part in lying to the online community, Failcom can go F-itself.

Posted: Jul 7th 2009 12:16PM (Unverified) said

Bar brawls, maybe?

Posted: Jul 7th 2009 12:19PM (Unverified) said

I am pretty excited about the direction AoC has taken. It has come a LONG way since it first released. I resubbed last week and I have been having a blast.

If there is an expansion... (speculation) it could come with new classes...hmmmm.

Either way, I think Funcom has really made strides in fixing the horrible mess that it was at release.

Posted: Jul 7th 2009 1:16PM Muddleglum said

You can start out at level 50 now??

Posted: Jul 7th 2009 3:51PM (Unverified) said

You can, but you already need to have a level 50 character. Also you can only do it once So you better be careful which class you choose.

Posted: Jul 7th 2009 5:20PM (Unverified) said

I just wish they would expand the quality of the quest- to the LFG-system. The only thing the quest-system is missing from my point is the ability to track multiple quests. The LFG-system on the other hand is missing everything :(. It's kind of a showstopper for me at this point in a game that encourages grouping so greatly.

Posted: Jul 7th 2009 3:05PM (Unverified) said

"Eurogamer and Funcom are teaming up for a very special giveaway this week: 1000 free, digital download copies of Funcom's fantasy MMO for PC, Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures.

To be clear, these are not free trials, these are fully paid-up copies of the game, complete with the usual 30 days' free subscription."

Posted: Jul 7th 2009 3:40PM (Unverified) said

Great game! At least now it is anyway. Lively community - bizarrely full low level zones - and a good laugh as well.

Not clever but good fun and makes me smile now and again, and isn't that supposed to be the point of a game. They are selling the box game cheap as well so wouldn't cost much to find out. Give it a go.

Posted: Jul 7th 2009 6:09PM (Unverified) said

Finally may give me a reason to pick it back up. =]

Posted: Jul 8th 2009 3:02AM mysecretid said

For whatever it's worth, I've been back to Age of Conan for about 14 weeks now, and I'm having a blast.

Most times I sit down to play for "just a few minutes", and end up playing for at least two hours -- often four or five hours. That's a real sign, there, I think.

I have a main (Stygian Assassin), and three alts (Stygian Ranger, Cimmerian Conqueror, Aquilonian Priest of Mitra) and, if I get bored, just switching between character classes is enough to keep things fresh for me.

I play mostly as a solo PvE player (it's how I relax), but I'm always busy if I want to be. I've also teamed semi-regularly, because I've found a lot of players on my server (Set) are decent, even friendly. They don't make me regret teaming.

I haven't bothered with the PvP yet, but the PvPers I've heard from do seem to like it well enough these days, especially since the last patch.

More impressive, perhaps, is that the PvPers I've met in-game aren't dickheads. They're just as willing to have a friendly conversation as the next guy. No "carebear" trash talk, no arrogant bullshit. They enjoy the PvP fighting (a lot), and they tend to hang with their own, but the ones I've encountered in the general game have all been decent folk.

Bottom line: I'm having more fun than I ever expected coming back to AoC. If you're curious, I suggest you give the free trial a spin and see what you think.

Posted: Jul 8th 2009 4:57AM (Unverified) said

Yes the game is fun, but pvp has a huuuuuggggee bias toward caster at the moment, to cut short if you want to play a melee prof ( soldier, rogue, shaman )
be prepared to a harsh learning curve before you can kick ass in pvp.

Age of Caster has never been so true, mage prof( Demo, necro), Tempest of Set and to the edge priest of Mitra are real easy mode if you choose the right spec ( one chance over two though so it s not a hard job ).

A good part of the communauty is irate about that.

But still the game is stunning graphics, raids, level design, music, and most surprising RP FFS !!!!!! You can RP in a world of brute strength an heavy boobs
OMAGAD 11111111111.

Sorry i could'nt help it .

Posted: Jul 8th 2009 11:15AM (Unverified) said

I didn't know there was a 'welcome back' offer for former subscribers at the moment?
I went to their trial site and it reads:

"Temporarily closing down trial registrations

As we are giving former Age of Conan players the chance to come back and check the game out for free through a re-evaluation offer, we are temporarily closing down new free trial registrations. "

Then I went to my (expired) account page and found this:

"Welcome back to Age of Conan!

As there have been a lot of improvements to Age of Conan since you last visited, we would like you to check out the changes yourself.

This time-limited offer lets you re-activate your account with no obligations and receive 2 weeks of additional playtime for free.

This offers ends on 22/07/09."

Then I found the site to 'reactivate':

The wording is vague, but I'm guessing it means a 2 week 'trial' for former players?