Posted: Jul 5th 2009 4:09PM Allegos said

I've tried switching to Alliance. Every time I get to level 10 and go to Ironforge for the first time, I see some Night Elf looking for more for his Crossroads raid group, realize what side I'm on, and delete the character.

I know who the real villains are.

Posted: Jul 5th 2009 6:14PM (Unverified) said

I have many 80's on both sides, I have done all starting area quests for each race, as far as they will go before merging into a storyline I'm familiar with.I also have Loremaster title/Achievement for both factions on two main characters. Hopefully that will persuade some of you into accepting that I have some credentials to back up what I'm about to say:

If you play World of Warcraft and feel that you enjoy the world more than the dungeons and arena grinding over-and-over, then you really do miss half the game by playing only one side. Faction loyalty is good and commendable, but you do miss out on very vital quest lines that explain lore and give you perspective on what you're fighting for. You're doing yourself a disservice by missing out on some of the best quests this game has to offer, by staying on one side or the other.
There are over 3000 quests for EACH side. Both sides have their share of boring kill quests, and true... there are some quests that are identical for both sides. However, there are numerous quest chains that are very enjoyable: Quests that explain a different viewpoint of a same situation, quests that are pop culture references, quests that are silly, quests that give partially useful items such as keys, novelty items (companion pets etc), or consumables that can't be obtained any-other way, quests that will put a light bulb over your head and an "ooooh!' on your lips as you realize something you didn't know before... There are quests that will show you the grande scale this game once had with journeys and steps that will take you all over Azeroth and past areas you may never had reason to visit, quests that use landmarks you may have passed a hundred times without knowing what that (pillar, bonepile, random object) was for, quests that will leave you wondering what-happens-next as they remain unfinished still, quests that will perhaps even make you question some of your choices in the game and why it is that you feel loyal.

if you're only playing one faction you are doing yourself a disservice by missing out on TONS of fantastic, humor laced intriguing lore, interesting perspective and hidden goodies waiting to be discovered. Every expansion continues the trend, and adds more for each side. WOW is like two seperate games in one interweaving world, why deny yourself twice the experience?

Posted: Jul 6th 2009 8:25AM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
JGaltTK:

Yeah, because WoW doesn't have its own band of merry fanbois? Because when you get even slightly critical or say that something isn't perfect in WoW, none of those people come out of the woodwork slavering and wanting to practically strangle you?

Posted: Jul 6th 2009 8:32AM (Unverified) said

Ack, sorry for the double comment. I decided to change my name to better match my RL one (Maureen) and I put the same comment twice, under both names. Bah.

Posted: Jul 7th 2009 1:38PM (Unverified) said

I never got into the objective good vs evil in WoW and I have one toon of every race and class. I will say this though.

Mulgore sucks. In Durotar I can at least pretend I'm on Mars and Tirisfal at least feels close to lore. Mulgore is a vast open plain with wolves every where. Not difficult wolves, just annoying wolves.

Posted: Jul 11th 2009 1:01PM (Unverified) said

Depressing start zones? You must be talking about Darnassus and Elwynn Forest..

Good and Evil? Bah..

Nothing in a game can be evil. Its a bloody game, after all. It is just pixels and digital sound.

You can look around and you will find more evil in your neighbourhood. Look at the catholic church for instance. And I am sure someone in your neighbourhood is a drug delaer, rapist or pedophile.

Posted: Jul 14th 2009 4:21PM (Unverified) said

It's fascinating to me how strongly most of us feel that one faction is the "good" faction and the other "evil". I've always felt that Horde was the "good" faction, but I know many people completely disagree. I think that when you look at it objectively both factions have a pretty similar balance of good and evil - yet somehow I still feel that Horde is the "good" faction. This is a key part of Blizzard's brilliance and WoW's success. It's a well balanced game, yet in each faction most of us end up feeling passionately that we're on the "good" side.

First Impressions: LEGO Minifigures Online