Posted: Jul 5th 2009 7:41PM Bluefyre said

I have been doing level 2's in an Ishkur and really enjoy the Assault Frigate. I also have a Brutix I break out occasionally when I just feel like getting in the middle of a ton on rats and take no damage. :p

Posted: Jul 5th 2009 7:47PM Brendan Drain said

Definitely, assault frigates are fantastic for level 1 and 2 missions. The only reason I didn't mention them is that most people doing level 1 and 2 missions are new to EVE and will probably not have access to tech 2 ships.

Posted: Jul 6th 2009 4:45AM (Unverified) said

I think it's appropriate to add that, regardless of what others say, Assault Frigates are enough for most level *4* missions.

Ishkur is a champ in this respect. T2 hobgoblins and an active shield tank does wonders in missions. Take out webbers/frigs/dessies with the drones then go full out guns and drones on the bigger guys.

I'm not saying this is the most effective setup but 280+ dps is enough for breaking most NPCs tanks.

Difference between, say, the Dominix is that I'm able to apply all of that DPS all the time, whereas that 500+ Domi DPS only goes for BS sized NPCs, really (on the other hand, 500 DPS isn't really needed for the smaller fish).

Anyones who thinks otherwise hasn't tried or doesn't have the fitting/cap/weapon/tank skills up to par.

I'm yet to lose a mission running Ishkur.

Admittedly, I'm a bit of a frig nut (obsessed, rather *cough*) and rather be fast and agile compared to the "best" and most "effective" mission running BS setup. I just can't cope with the lack of ship speed/agility. Yes, even in PVE.

Lately I've been experimenting using the above mentioned active shield setup on a Taranis for level 4 missions. It works quite well. No, really. :)

Posted: Jul 6th 2009 5:01AM (Unverified) said

Imo the best Amarr ship for level 2 missions is the Arbitrator. Because you just need one gun to get aggro, you have three high slots left. Equip two tractor beams and a salvager or two salvager and a tractor beam (that's up to your preference) and you can loot and salvage while your drones do the killing.

Posted: Jul 6th 2009 8:17AM Johny B said

Well i have to agree in alot of points in this here article, alot of ships are versatile and can be used well.
But as an example, if one has maxed gunnery skills (for amarr), a apocalypse will out-damage the raven in any damage type, the sheer power of maxed laser skills is unmatched by a raven running top damage. Add t2 hammerheads and hobgoblins to the mix and there is no stopping the apoc. The tank on it is quite good too, dual rep, permarun with about 890-900 total dps with t2/faction gear+drones within that sweet 25 km range. Down to 650 ish dps at 70 km ...
Instapopping frigs at 30 km is not a problem, if they get closer hobgoblins make short work or any small target.

I don't have maxed skills in gunnery/lasers i can fly both the raven and the apoc, i have found the apoc to be faster in missions than the raven, even in non-em/therm missions matching the raven.

Good raven pilots will disagree, and i approve, raven has better tank, less dps than the apoc; period.

Posted: Jul 6th 2009 7:49PM (Unverified) said

I've run L4s in a Maelstrom, which is probably Minmatar's best mission ship, and a Drake with an alt who isn't optimally trained for it yet, and the Drake runs them faster. It was really depressing when I found that out.

The full scoop on Marvel Heroes' team-ups