Posted: Jun 30th 2009 6:56PM (Unverified) said

no new ship :\ kinda dissapointing. I like the fast rigs are going to be ship sized. Lvl 4 epic arc missions won't make a difference I think, the epic mission arc stays boring :(

Posted: Jun 30th 2009 8:09PM ttvp said

I really like what I've seen so far in EVE, but that "walking in stations" expansion is seriously going to make me consider being a full time subscriber. Here's hoping 1.5 brings us a few steps closer to realizing that.

Posted: Jul 1st 2009 1:00AM Miffy said

Not really the buff I wanted when I played for Black ops. The problem with them is they're too expensive when you can get other ships to jam just aswel and they always get targetted first and have no tank. So in a battle it's like pop in 5 seconds and you think well that was a waste of 2 billion to setup.

Posted: Jul 1st 2009 2:10AM (Unverified) said

You don't fight with black ops like that, you hot drop your victims with more then one BO and can also bridge in SBs and Recons; after the deed is done you get out.

Posted: Jul 1st 2009 2:40AM Lamthara said

I like the idea of the small rigs... actually the frigates and the cruisers can't "afford" to get rigs considering that the cost of them will be 100 times higher than the cost of the ship itself...

Posted: Jul 1st 2009 10:11AM Slob Zombie said

Seriously? Are we going to round out another year without walking in stations? Looks like I won't be subscribing to game.

Posted: Jul 1st 2009 12:51PM xgamer99 said

You absolutely need an avatar walking around to enjoy this great game?

Posted: Jul 1st 2009 1:01PM Slob Zombie said

I'm in a situation where I only really want to play an MMO that my close group of friends also play, and when I hype EVE to them, the fact that you're "just a ship" always comes up and ends up being a dealbreaker. Sorry, we just like that extra level of immersion.

Also, and this is just a personal opinion, it says a lot about the developer that they've been working on this addition for so long and they can't get it out the door. I have to way in factors for CCP, like the fact that they don't charge for expansions, but I can't help the fact that every time I check on the status of this addition, it's never anywhere close to being finished and that annoys me a lot.

They shouldn't have hyped it so early without any clear launch window in site.

Posted: Jul 1st 2009 1:39PM (Unverified) said

I still really don't understand everyone's eager anticipation/excitement for "walking-in-stations". Perhaps I lack imagination... but what would you *do* walking around. I play EVE to fly a spaceship... if I want to walk down a hallway or around a room there are ample opportunities in real-life. Don't get me wrong... I love EVE, but unless there is some kind of fps aspect added (which is really not in keeping with the theme of this mmo) I don't quite see the point. Again... maybe it's just my lack of vision.

Posted: Jul 1st 2009 6:46PM Slob Zombie said

I don't really want to be mean, but to use your own words I'd say yes, it's a lack of vision.

Referring to an "fps aspect" it seems like you can only envision this sort of thing being used for combat, and that's just not it. I mean I play MMOs for the combat and the comradery and all, but other times I play for the immersion, to get completely sucked into the world. When think about all the great scifi that's fun to imagine, you don't land at a space port and then stare at your ship. You get out, you walk around the bay and look at other ships. You go to the bar and interact with other people, conversing and making shady deals. You go to the ship dealer and look at the fresh new ships towering above you. There's a whole mess of stuff you do that isn't just looking at menus and graphs.

If current EVE players like you guys don't get excited for that sort of thing, then maybe that's why CCP is taking their sweet ass time, and that's cool. I, a nonplayer, don't expect them to ignore development in areas that their players actually want in hopes of roping in people like me. I'm just explaining the great amount of value I see in the potential of Ambulation.

Posted: Jul 1st 2009 6:14PM Aetrix said

I don't understand the desire for walking in stations either. There are PLENTY of other games out there which break down into a glorified chatroom. I'm perfectly happy with EvE staying different.

Posted: Jul 2nd 2009 4:54PM (Unverified) said

Walking in stations isn't a MAJOR thing but it would be nice, because really, there's very little atmosphere in Eve beyond floating in space in your ship.

You spend all that time customizing an avatar for a static picture. You never see any other part of the stations except the hangar. I know a lot of people don't want CCP to waste time on WIS, but something like that would add a nice clump of subscribers who just want to RP or interact with their friends.

Perfect Ten: My World of Warcraft launch memories