Posted: Jun 30th 2009 8:39AM (Unverified) said

Hello? Its Shopping Cart Disco, not Shopping Card Disco. Its bad enough you didn't give them credit for breaking the story but you insult them further by not getting the name right.

Posted: Jun 30th 2009 11:03AM (Unverified) said

hahahah!

See, Tateru, what I was talking about earlier?

Meh. I'll let my "Fashionista Hornet's Nest" post on my blog speak for me.
Some things just never change. ;)

Posted: Jun 30th 2009 12:12PM (Unverified) said

Really? I'll get that fixed. I'm really not familiar with the site. I guess 'card disco' made more sense to me than 'cart disco'.

Posted: Jun 30th 2009 12:36PM (Unverified) said

I really am enjoying this conversation as is, but I guess I should link the following blog post I made on the subject. That should clear up some of the questions on the origin and reason for these policies and my company's role in their enforcement.

Cheers!

Posted: Jun 30th 2009 1:14PM TheNilvarg said

That's a great policy. I'm sick of the lack of personal responsibility people are taking to speak the language of the place they've decided to enter - be it people online in an English-speaking chat room, or the twelve million illegal immigrants in the United States who refuse to learn the language required to actually be a functional resident.

Posted: Jun 30th 2009 3:07PM (Unverified) said

Did your people take the "personal responsibility" to learn the languages of the indigenous people of "America" when they immigrated here?

Posted: Jun 30th 2009 5:32PM (Unverified) said

As you might have read today, Warner bros/CW is shutting down the GG sims, and the MMS will be taking the community to a new location.

Posted: Jul 3rd 2009 12:55AM (Unverified) said

This story is important to me because I am so taken with the potential of virtual worlds and SL in particular to encourage collaboration, understanding and friendship across time zones and geographic boundaries.

Harper makes four very good points. To which, I would add a line of questions:
how long has this been going on?

I understand that GG was open for two years. Was Ms. Pritchard's crew moderating all that time? Where there other incidents?

Posted: Jul 7th 2009 3:59PM (Unverified) said

In my opinion this shouldn't be allowed to happen in SL. If it was up to me these people that discriminate against people that do not speak or type in english should be thrown out of SL.
A similar thing happened a few years back in Germany when a well known person discriminated against Jews and Gypsies, that started in a small way and look what happed.
Linden Labs should kick them out of SL.