Posted: Jun 29th 2009 8:08AM Nadril said

I'm MMO free this summer currently, it just seems to be sort of a dead period before the good releases.

Instead currently I'm going to go on a bit of a single player game binge. I haven't played a lot of them from being busy with school/MMOs, so I figure now is the perfect time.

Plus I'm bored as shit. I never thought I'd be saying this but I'd much rather be back at school now, haha. Having to go home for the summer (away from all of my friends) just sucks.

Posted: Jun 29th 2009 8:13AM HackJack said

My adult life begins... I'll have to prep for the university admission exams. Plus I need a new PC and a car so I'll have to do something that puts euro in my pockets. Wish me luck!

Posted: Jun 29th 2009 8:24AM Nadril said

Heh, good luck.

I need to save cash as well. I'm moving into my first apartment this august so I won't have to live in the dorms this year, so it should be interesting having to manage my money more.

Posted: Jun 29th 2009 10:59AM HackJack said

Thank you and good luck to you too.

Oh and isn't life mighty similar to MMORPGs? ...Or is it the other way around? O_o

;P

Posted: Jun 29th 2009 8:41AM Gel214th said

Obsess over every Star Wars tidbit? No way!

Obsessing over every Champions Online tidbit is more like it *big grin*

At least that one has a chance to come out in September of this year!

Posted: Jun 29th 2009 9:21AM (Unverified) said

Probably go to a lot of out door events. Its to dam hot and sunny to sit in doors all day and play games.

Posted: Jun 29th 2009 11:20AM (Unverified) said

Probably sit indoors all day and play games. It's too damn hot and sunny to go to a lot of out door events.

Posted: Jun 29th 2009 11:59AM (Unverified) said

I've got my fledgling motorcycle racing career to work on, but I did resubscribe to Asheron's Call last night to mess with for a while.

Posted: Jun 29th 2009 10:06AM Nearly Departed said

Summer time means kids are out of school, so that's less time spent on the PC. Online time will be spent playing Runes of Magic or Demigod.

Posted: Jun 29th 2009 10:28AM (Unverified) said

I spent the entire weekend DL’ing trails and F2P games and hated every single one.

I’m going to be upping my Gamefly sub to 2-3 games and let all my mmo subs die. The past 6 months I just feel let down by every single thing that happens in the MMOs I’ve payed for. Time to put them on the shelf.

Waiting on JGE beta and release info and TOR tidbits is about all my summer will consist of.

Oh… and bashing every WAR article.

Posted: Jun 29th 2009 10:59AM Atnor said

Going to try out Aion and Champions in September, but I'm not yet totally enthusiastic about either.

I'll be playing Vanguard this summer still, and maybe some more Sims3. If you're bored and looking for a good MMO, just give Vanguard a try. You might be surprised. It's come a loong way from its horrible launch and I consider it a hidden gem.

Really hoping to get outside a little more this year. Considering all the PvP and FPS leaning slate of current MMOs, I'm outta luck for awhile anyways.

I've actually also been tossing around the idea of re-checking out Spellborn, and I patched it in last night.... I enjoyed the beta some, and the world seems interesting enough to warrant a second viewing. :)

Posted: Jun 29th 2009 11:20AM (Unverified) said

Drooling over the APB Character Customizer

Posted: Jun 29th 2009 11:36AM (Unverified) said

Just count me in for another dude who giggles like a little girl every time there's news about Champions Online. Shame it's currently set to be released exactly when I go back from work after a week off! :\

Posted: Jun 29th 2009 11:39AM Wgraves said

i have precariously placed my router so that i can get fast internets outside :D

layin on mah porch playin eve :D

Posted: Jun 29th 2009 12:25PM Justpotatoes said

Moving to Minneapolis this summer, but the computers will be the last things we pack before the movers arrive in 5 weeks. :)

I'm sort of between MMOs this summer, like a lot of people. I'll still occasionally check in on WoW and LOTRO, playing a bit of DDO and EVE. Nothing is really grabbing me though. I miss WAR, but I probably miss the people more than the game, and I'll be playing Aion with them in Sept.

Posted: Jun 29th 2009 1:47PM Meagen said

Probably mostly Guild Wars, I still have a lot of accomplishments to collect. Some City of Heroes, maybe Champions Online when it launches, a little LotRO on the side if I can spare the time and money.

Posted: Jun 29th 2009 2:23PM (Unverified) said

I've been WoW-free for the last month and loved every minute of it (WoW's the closest I've come to hating an entire community of players before). I'm currently unemployed so I'm taking my free trials of various mmos very seriously, since money's a bit tighter now...I want to make sure that I'm really going to get my money's worth.

There's also the prospect of skipping mmos altogether and just buy cheapie console games as I get huge fun and mileage out of them, too.

Betawatch: December 13 - 19, 2014