Posted: Jun 29th 2009 6:37PM Bueno said

I chuckled at this because my wife who I met playing MMO's is only 4'11 and she ALWAYS make a short character or plays the shortest race.

Posted: Jun 29th 2009 8:05PM Justpotatoes said

lol, I'm 5'2" and I always make the biggest, tallest character I can! My husband teases me that I'm overcompensating for being a small person irl. :)

Posted: Jun 29th 2009 9:27PM Ergonomic Cat said

My wife is 6'1", and her characters are always as tall as possible.

My daughter is 5'10", and always plays shorties. So....

Posted: Jun 29th 2009 11:39PM Valdur said

The Cleric type is definitely me :)

Posted: Jun 30th 2009 12:43AM (Unverified) said

"Most of the people I've met who like Dwarfs basically look like Dwarfs."

That has to be one of the stupidest sterotypes I've ever read.

Posted: Jul 1st 2009 6:11PM Vladeon said

I know, I'm 6'2" and very thin and I always play dwarves. That's mainly because I love the lore behind dwarves, it's always about battle and honor and all that klingon stuff. And the beer, can't forget that.

Posted: Jun 30th 2009 1:14AM (Unverified) said

"That may be true because I'm a pretty tall and lean person" you missed out exceptionally good looking

Posted: Jun 30th 2009 4:32AM Muddleglum said

Dwarfs are my favorite fantasy race ever since I first got into fantasy as a child. I may not be that tall but at six feet I think I can say thats a load, hehe.

They are a really fun race, very funny and serious at the same time. Who doesn't love an honorable, tough, inventive, bearded, drunken brawler, (depending on the setting) somewhat tragic, master craftsman! =D

Posted: Jun 30th 2009 7:20AM LaughingTarget said

It's personality over appearance. I'm hypomanic and a touch aggressive so I tend to gravitate to complex, multirole classes. I like Knights of the Blazing Sun, paladins, and rogues in DDO. For appearances, I gravitate toward the 5'7" range, maybe because that's my height and also because that's the height that sticks out the most since most everyone else is at either end of the spectrum.

Posted: Jun 30th 2009 9:05AM (Unverified) said

Funnily enough when looking at all MMORPG games people tend to put their personalities in characters.

I've had a long discussion about this with a couple of mates.

For example a mate of mine always wants to be at the front IRL always wants to be the one ahead and he always plays melee classes when he can.

My Wife tends to play classes which can heal (which fits her as a caring person)

I've been told that I'm quite protective and of course... I play tanks..

Posted: Jun 30th 2009 10:17PM cray said

I'm a extremely defensive player and generally take ranged-class characters. As for appearances I generally like female rogues or mage. I'm a short guy, but my avatar's height varies short to average. Rarely do I play tall avatars unless they are axe-welding class. I prefer anthropomorphic characters as well.