Posted: Jun 27th 2009 4:42PM Crsh said

Refuse to acknowledge that players want something besides PVP? Land of the Dead is all about PvE, it's even killed RvR completely on some servers.

Although I agree about that 60% attrition rate.

Posted: Jun 27th 2009 5:59PM TheRealStupid said

That's funny... we canceled WAR because of a complete and utter lack of RvR (or PvP as you like to call it). We were promised an end-game where we would fight other players for control of a dynamic and every changing battlefield. What we got was two massive zergs, deliberately avoiding one another and only attacking NPC guards and keep lords to bolster their "renown". If I wanted PvE, I'd play WOW.

Posted: Jun 27th 2009 6:39PM CCon99 said

That might be the best description of WAR's RvR I've heard yet. It's exactly what happened on the servers I got merged into 3 different times.

Posted: Jun 27th 2009 7:18PM Crsh said

@ Stupid

Yup, that's pretty much why I canceled too; pre-LotD was bad enough with ZvZ (Zerg vs Zerg, of course) and one side accusing the other of zerging, and now I find T4 zones to be nothing but fighting guards as there are no enemy players in sight, they're busy farming easy loot in LotD (and when it's my realm's turn to have control of LotD, people want to farm easy PvE loot). So much for that expansion...

Posted: Jun 29th 2009 12:39PM Chriskovo said

Why are you complaining about that as if its the games fault when it the players that have decided to impliment that strategy? They can only make the game and try to push people in the way they want to go but if nobody does that way then what do you want them to do?

Posted: Jun 28th 2009 6:59AM Anatidae said

It makes me wonder if WAR had a 3rd faction, like DAoC, if RvR would be kicked up a notch. Then we have 3 groups trying for land of the dead and at some point, for the 2 locked out, they are going to have to fight one another to get in.

It seems that the 3rd group is a big help in switching up the pass-the-keep.

Of course, what I find is that the destro player and the order players seem to keep different hours. When I log in, I am either part of 2-3 warbands owning the zones or part of a half warband trying to hold off 2-3 warbands of order. Very rarely do I find that both sides are running the battle grounds with multiple warbands.

Posted: Jun 28th 2009 3:31PM Jesspiper said

That means Mythic would have had to... you know...actually use their tried tested and true 3 faction RvR formula, as opposed to the Horde vs Alliance set up they went with in WAR.

Orcs and Goblins could have been a third faction (they are entirely neutral in the real Warhammer lore) or there could have even been a Dogs of War side (aka mercenaries)

Posted: Jun 29th 2009 4:12PM Celestian said

*laugh* if you played WAR for PVE you didn't read the bloody box.

Besides, all they have done is added crap for PVE.

The problem with the game is RVR and complete lack of it in T4. Even worse now thanks to LOTD.

Hurrah! Summer Celebration!