Posted: Jun 26th 2009 4:20PM Abriael said

• 1 heart
Some of are. Some aren't. Simple as that.Judging (and insulting) a person based on what they play and like is one of the most common traits in the MMO community. While that by itself isn't enough, add to it actually calling the trolls on their misguided arguments on a regular basis, and you'll create quite a bit of hate.
In my case, what makes them foam at the mouth the most is that I remind them that, despite all their hate-posting, Warhammer is still alive and well, and it has a solid fanbase that will guarantee support for a lot of time to come. They hope to see it tank, and they hate to have someone to costantly remind them that it won't.

You can see that pretty clearly when people step as low as throwing petty insults like some did in this thread.

It doesn't really phase me, to be honest. To be hated by trolls is something one should be proud about.

Posted: Jun 26th 2009 4:27PM Nadril said

Yeah, my point is not everyone is a troll out to get you. There are maybe like 3 or 4 dudes who troll WAR hardcore, and I haven't even seen a lot of them around. It takes a lot more than that to get down voted.

Not every person who dislikes you dislikes you because of the game you play. I'm not going to go on why, because if you're a smart kid you should be able to figure that out. (hint: it's nothing to do with LOLTROLLS).

Really though could you manage one post without mentioning trolls somehow?

Posted: Jun 26th 2009 4:36PM Abriael said

• 1 heart
Unfortunately my free time has reasonably shrinked lately (lots of work and lots of games to play), so I post more or less only when i see a very blatant attempt to troll, until i have some more free time again. There are times in which some statements are so warped and misguiding that they really cannot be left alone.

PS: It doesn't take much to vote a post down actually. Actually, the same person can vote multiple times.

Posted: Jun 26th 2009 5:40PM (Unverified) said

Abriael, just so you know, I don't hate Warhammer. I just hate you.

Posted: Jun 26th 2009 6:05PM Mr Angry said

This whole story has gone from speaking about the departure of a guy working in the MMO industry into some sort of personal platform for an unpopular visitor at Massively to talk about themselves at length.

Abriael, if you really feel that you have to talk about yourself, please submit it as a news story to Massively, so we can all speak on that subject, rather than to pollute reasonable news and discussion with such poppycock.

Thanks

Posted: Jun 26th 2009 7:14PM CCon99 said

Amen! It would be so nice if they had an ignore feature for us to use against these blatant trolls like Abriael.

Posted: Jun 29th 2009 2:49PM Pewpdaddy said

Ahh WAR.. The polished turd of recent MMO's... Almost as bad as Brad and the whole Vanguard debacle. My opinion he deserved to get booted, you dont make a game with "mirror" classes and then have no balance... Worthless attempt at RvR IMO

WRUP: Expanshapaign is too a word

Posted on Dec 20th 2014 10:00AM