Posted: Jun 26th 2009 3:31PM Mr Angry said

Hi Abriael!

Great to see you still remember all my posts. Sad to see someone lose their job, but what is more sad is that Warhammer Online is and always was a huge waste of time, talent, resources and players money.

While it might not be liking Warhammer Online, and it's never nice to say 'I told you so' to people as that can come across as smug and slightly annoying, Warhammer was never as good as it could have been, and I think you've been a bit blinkered in your continued support for a franchise, that could have been done so much better.

P.S. Told you so :)

Posted: Jun 26th 2009 3:33PM Abriael said

• 1 heart
oooh the litte troll throws in personal attacks for a change... Are your arguments too weak perchance?
My turtlenecks are plenty fine, and so is my English (or at least, I'm definitely sure it's better than your Italian) thank you for your useless insight on totally off topic matters just for the sake of attacking on a personal level someone whose arguments you can't counter :D

Posted: Jun 26th 2009 3:55PM (Unverified) said

Just tired of arguing w/ words, b/c you’re too inept to see past your own juvenile shortcomings. Adding the word 'troll' behind “You’re wrong b/c I say you’re worng” in every post isn’t an argument. It’s a 4 year old w/ no concept of debating. Since you added all those personal effects to your profile, they’re open game. I’ll just laugh at you mentally AND physically now.

And no… turtle necks are never perfectly fine. Especially in all black. Vaffanculo stupido Euro Trash.

d00 j00 vanna go to de disco tech?

Posted: Jun 26th 2009 4:02PM Abriael said

• 1 heart
Oh my, oh my, JP please, do go on showing off your level of pettyness (and your lack of any kind of fashion sense, but after all can't expect much by someone that recurs to racist remarks like "euro trash" on top of their silly insults). It's truly amusing :D

Some are confident enough in themselves to let their picture be public. Some aren't, and just thrash talk the ones that do. To each his own.
One thing is for sure, though. My English is definitely better than your Italian. Try again. :D

Posted: Jun 26th 2009 4:06PM Jesspiper said

Guys lets keep the insults limited to ideas and opinions, not appearances and ethnicities, please.

Posted: Jun 26th 2009 4:10PM Abriael said

• 1 heart

Posted: Jun 26th 2009 4:29PM Jesspiper said

"@Jess: you just had the perfect example of the trolls I was talking about in my previous posts. As I said before, I apologize for having mistaken you for him."

It's a rare day when Abriael apologises, so I obviously accept. Despite my absolute disdain for your zealotry towards WAR, I will not attack you (or anyone else) in regards to their looks or ethnicity. It's only your ideas, opinions and bias I have major issue with.

I recommend we all keep our attention narrowed on those targets.

Posted: Jun 26th 2009 4:43PM Abriael said

• 1 heart
There's a lot of difference between zealotry and talking positively (and countering excessively negative and trollish arguments) about something one enjoys. At the moment I enjoy warhammer. Actually I enjoy it like never before, since Land of the Dead is truly a wonderful addition to the game (i'm delving into the Tomb of the Vulture lord, and I have to say I didn't have that much fun online in a long, long time), so I will speak my opinion about it.
When Mythic did some choices I deemed wrong (IE: male sorcerers, scenarios contributing more than RVR to locking zones back in beta, lack of keeps back in beta and several other details), I was the first to speak against it. When I see openly trollish remarks, I will call people on them. Mark Jacobs did as well, and if you don't mind, I definitely respect him for that.

There aren't enough people in the gaming industry that are as frank.

Posted: Jun 26th 2009 11:46AM Samael said

My only concern in all of this is BioWare, I would hate to see that company become anything other than what they are now. And I still say that George Lucas should just give up his rights on SW and give it BioWare.

I did not play WAR, it looked a lot similar to WoW, I know they were very different games, but financial situation did not permit me to play WAR and I quit WoW a long long time back. There are only 2 MMOs in the horizon that I intend to play CO and TOR.

Mark Jacobs could not back up his talk. The problem was the hype he created and could not live up to it. Maybe next time he will learn to say it as it is or atleast hype things to a reasonable degree.

Posted: Jun 26th 2009 12:02PM Abriael said

• 1 heart
It's funny to read all the "EA is evil" comments. Welcome to the corporate world, where (in ANY field, gaming included) head of companies come and leave every day. If you came out of your basement once in a while, you'd realize that it's not the end of the world, nor anything unusual.

Also, it's always funny to hear people talking about "EA bailing on WAR bla bla". Sure. They just pushed out a major (and quite great) content update, if they had the slightest plans to bail on the game, they simply wouldn't have.

Ah, right. I always forget, logic doesn't work with angry trolls.

Posted: Jun 26th 2009 12:26PM (Unverified) said

Oh for fuck's sake - not again Abriael?
You must have the IQ of a very stupid worm if you haven't figured out that pretty much *nobody here* has any interest in anything you say.
Capiche?

Looking through your history, you use the word 'troll', in an accusatory fashion, in approximately 90% of your posts: http://www.massively.com/profile/2173121/

You're an embarrassment to the online gaming community because god only knows what folk outside our industry think when reading the utter shite that falls out of your mouth. You personify every stereotype any of us have ever fought to prove otherwise.

Frak off. No, really. Your replies aren't even amusing in their stupidity anymore.

Posted: Jun 26th 2009 12:43PM CCon99 said

Don't fall into his little trap Amana, he's just craving to get the attention you're giving his little whining rants. Most of us here just ignore Abriael, his blatant trolling speaks for itself.

Posted: Jun 26th 2009 12:50PM Jesspiper said

Amana just pity him; he is the epitome of the raging fanboi. Unless you bow down and accept the most holy product that is WAR, the holy grail of MMORPG's, then you are automatically a troll in his books. He has been going off about WAR for months, months and months on this site, calling anyone who criticizes it whatsoever a troll, laughable and a whole other host of names. Quite sad really.

If anyone wanted WAR to succeed it was me. I was a DAoC player for years and have been playing Warhammer tabletop for 16 years now. I was even the lore writer for the IGN WAR Vault. Unlike Abriael, however, I had the intellectual honesty and courage to accept that WAR was nothing close to what was promised, totally under-delivered on next gen RvR, flagrantly violated Games Workshop IP and was an overall mediocre game at best, so I moved on.

Abriael has not.

Pity him, but nothing more.

Posted: Jun 26th 2009 12:51PM (Unverified) said

Very true, CCon99.
I haven't bothered to look back through his rants in the recent WAR posts to be sure, but I couldn't help myself.
The irony of his troll-proclaiming is noteworthy.

His profile page also speaks for itself: http://www.blogger.com/profile/05121468959378268849

As do his comments: http://onlinegamesareanichemarket.wordpress.com/2009/06/25/all-things-must-come-to-an-end/#comment-2349

As does the sound of *tumbleweed* at his WAR guild blog: http://beaconoforder.blogspot.com/

(All of which are made public by his good self on his posts)

Ew. Just a horrible, bitter, arrogant and one-eyed fanatical little man.
*shiver

Posted: Jun 26th 2009 1:09PM Abriael said

• 1 heart
It's always interesting to see the average level of the warhammer-hater. Dare to speak against them and a river of pretty unimaginative insults and petty personal attacks ensues. Gives me some good giggles for sure. At least you could try to put some more creativity into your insults, because at the moment you fall quite short.

I understand that the fact that Warhammer is healthy and alive despite your hating makes you foam at the mouth, but come on. You can do better.

Poor little trolls, one must be a devil for calling them on what they are. Mark Jacobs did, and even just for that he has all my respect.

Posted: Jun 26th 2009 1:41PM Holgranth said

@ Amana hes not worth the effort seriously this is the guy that promised to "Scool" me if I kept posting negative comments about WAR because I was a WoW fanbot who never played WAR.

All this while I was actually playing WAR and was saying things along the lines of what a few thousand other annoyed customers were saying.......

Posted: Jun 26th 2009 1:50PM Abriael said

• 1 heart
oh I'd love to see you actually quote where i promised to do anything to you if you kept doing anything, I'd really love to see you do that :D too bad you can't.

Posted: Jun 26th 2009 3:30PM Nadril said

You know Abriael, there is a reason why every one of your comments on massively get greyed out. Take the hint.

Posted: Jun 26th 2009 3:37PM Abriael said

• 1 heart
There isn't much of an hint to take. There simply are enough warhammer-haters on massively that waste their time pressing on the little red arrow because my comments make them foam at the mouth. Probably because they're true and leave them have no arguments besides the above clicky and a lot of petty insults.

If you think that will make me give up my right to express my opinion, or to call yellow things "yellow", well, I'm afraid you're mistaken. Internet though guys aren't that intimidating anymore.

Posted: Jun 26th 2009 4:11PM Nadril said

Yeah, clearly everyone on massively is out to get you and warhammer. A GUY LIKES WARHAMMER, WHAT THE FUCK? GET THAT GUY.

Did you ever stop to think it may be something... else? You know some of us are more mature than to base a person off of what game they do or do not play.