Posted: Jun 24th 2009 8:31AM (Unverified) said

My girlfriend and I spent 4 months without internet when we got a really great opportunity to move to Vermont, live on a farm and make some good money.

It was hard, boring and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. She wants nothing more than to give up the internet again so she might get back to writing or drawing. I found that I just didn't do anything at all when I didn't have it.

Before, wow consumed us. After, it consumes us again. In the middle... I didn't miss it so much but when Lich king came out I wanted to play again.

Posted: Jun 24th 2009 8:38AM Arkanaloth said

it's exceedingly rare for GuildWars to have downtime.. FFXI does from time to time so I just play GW.

Posted: Jun 24th 2009 9:54AM kaosgerbil said

Exactly what I used to do, now I just dip in and out of GW got the games cheap and no monthly fees making me feel 'obliged' to play all the time.

Posted: Jun 24th 2009 8:51AM AlamoeJones said

WoW's downtime is so over the top ridiculous these days. I find myself getting angry every Tuesday with the idiots Blizzard has working for them. How many years has it been since the game launched? Oh, what's that, the PTR is pointless because you STILL have no clue how to implement a patch on the live servers?

Posted: Jun 24th 2009 6:19PM TheJackman said

Really stop crying blizzard for years try keep there downtime on the same week day! You already known there gonna be downtime way before time like almost 24 hours and blizzard is telling for years to not plan noting on the day. Be happy they maintain at all like the servers will be lagging even more when they did not. There database is huge it just will take them hours too load alone this is not a easy process and lots can go wrong!

Posted: Jun 24th 2009 9:05AM (Unverified) said

Nowadays I can play MMOs without getting total addicted. Took me 8 years (I started playing shortly after UO got on the shelves) but I'm finally cured.

Posted: Jun 24th 2009 10:19AM (Unverified) said

This. For me it was middleschool with Asheron's Call. I was consumed for about 3 years, now I can't play for more than 30 minutes without getting bored.

Posted: Jun 24th 2009 9:30AM organiclockwork said

I'm not really the kind of person that goes through withdrawals when I can't play my favorite game, but I have been known to scour WoWwiki to look up interesting tidbits of lore for use in my RP when servers are down or I simply can't play.

Posted: Jun 24th 2009 9:45AM (Unverified) said

I just play a platform game, or see if there is anything on HBO in-demand.

I don't currently have that "need" to play. The game I'm playing now is just filler until JGE and TOR come out. If the servers are down, I could care less.

Posted: Jun 24th 2009 10:32AM (Unverified) said

I like to read the forums of the game for a while, or just play some offline games.

Posted: Jun 24th 2009 10:35AM Wgraves said

update the corp forums.... or actually get some work done.... but downtime ends here at 8am so i rarely am alive during DT.

Posted: Jun 24th 2009 11:39AM (Unverified) said

I cant buy a new month subscription for my wow account it really sucks i was hacked now i cant buy anything it just comes up with a message saying "payment method bocked" Im not sure what to do. Its driving me insane

Posted: Jun 24th 2009 2:00PM Evy said

Sounds like you need to contact customer service.

Posted: Jun 24th 2009 11:56AM (Unverified) said

Eve player here, the game has a daily 1 hr downtime where I grab some lunch and watch some pvp videos from the forums. When I'm away from home I just set a long skill train, forget about the game, and take a stack of DVD's to watch so I don't get bored.

Posted: Jun 24th 2009 2:07PM (Unverified) said

If a game is down I normally just call up some friends and go out some where. Not really that big of a deal in my life. Or just play another game.

Posted: Jun 24th 2009 12:30PM (Unverified) said

WAR has had some down time recently and I found myself going back to bed most of the time and/or watching TV.

Posted: Jun 24th 2009 2:16PM (Unverified) said

Back to the books. Games are great but you can't live on them or you just get 'the grind' rage

Posted: Jun 24th 2009 4:58PM Graill440 said

Other than trying the occasional beta (which never last more than a day or so), there are no MMO's out currently taking my money or my time, that all goes to FE rc boating, fly fishing and friends, being retired helps too. Bahahahaha.

The Stream Team: Elite Dangerous returns