Posted: Jun 19th 2009 8:19AM (Unverified) said

During Fanfest 2008 the big buzz on the floor was that not only was their a First Person shooter, it was going to be incorporated with EvE online as the ground game..keep in mind this was after many many beers (My god but Icelanders can drink!) I won't be going to GDC, but I always attend EvE Fanfest...it will be interesting to see what transpires.

Posted: Jun 19th 2009 9:17AM Halldorr said

I hope it's World of Darkness and I hope they are a lot further along than anyone expects with it!

Posted: Jun 19th 2009 9:25AM Wgraves said

i hope its WOD too... not super excited about the whole eve on the ground thing, once you fly a kilometer long spaceship... there's really no going back

Posted: Jun 19th 2009 10:09AM (Unverified) said

Damnit, just give us World of Darkness. The MMO space is lacking anything for horror. In fact, gaming in general really lacks horror.

Posted: Jun 19th 2009 11:01AM AlamoeJones said

Eve players don't strike me as the kind of folks who would want to play an fps.

Posted: Jun 19th 2009 5:38PM (Unverified) said

Plenty of Eve players play first person shooters. Personally, I am sort of turning away from the genre because most new FPSs are just clones of other successful FPSs. But for every dozen poorly made clones, we get a L4D or a TF2, so it's all good. Yay, Valve! :)

Posted: Jun 19th 2009 11:44AM Myria said

"WiS, the MMO!"

Sadly (or amusingly, depending on your opinion of CCP), I suspect that shan't be far from the truth.

Posted: Jun 19th 2009 12:04PM (Unverified) said

I really am hoping for a WoD MMO, but one thing you guys are looking over White Wolf wise is Exalted, which if CCP decides to go with the more commonly used fantasy theme, it's a likely canidate, I wouldn't be surprised at all if that's what was put out. Crossing my fingers for WoD, but Exalted seems to most logical choice, after I thought about it for a while.

Multiple factions, easy class system, they wouldn't have to worry about all the ins and outs of Vampires, Mages, Werewolves, Changlings, and Hunters.

Posted: Jun 19th 2009 1:54PM Evy said

I'm looking forward to more info on WoD Online. I hope that's what they plan to show us in August.

Posted: Jun 19th 2009 3:22PM (Unverified) said

The news of a WoD MMO after the merger (and after White Wolf whipped Sony in court for ripping it off in Underworld) put eve on my radar.

Too many years and a lot of ravens later im still holding out for a WoD mmo.

I tend to pray for the Storyteller system as used in Orpheus, something modern/near future, with all the fauna of Rage et al, mixed with the lateral thinking approach of DDO, that requires groups to solve problems, not bash them.

But then i also pray for logic, reason and civility on the web.

may as well want world peace at the rate WoD is going :S

Posted: Jun 19th 2009 4:54PM Graill440 said

• 1 heart
If you have seen any of the vids on titan kills or any vids on youtube in regards to anything pvp, you can call pvp in EVE carebear pvp, as there is no friendly fire(only direct fire if a pip wants to kill a teammate) everything is on the rails, from space flight physics to weapon physics and weapons resolution, pvp in eve is as antiseptic and carebear as you can get without living in hi sec.

If this "secret" game CCP and its partners are creating meet the present criteria in EVE, then it will be another niche success, filling that small irritable void that a few thrive in.....carebear pvp and a game with no consequence.

Posted: Jun 19th 2009 6:00PM (Unverified) said

Yeah, those doomsdays dont hit blues? Im pretty sure they do, and they hit very hard. Also, warping trough a gate thats being camped by friendlies without you warning them will get you killed really quick, all those smart bombs aren't really that smart.

You are also calling it "carebear PVP" cause most of the time you wont be taking FF? I mean, what other MMO does that? You know, Ive only played a handfull of MMOs, WoW, WAR, LOTRO, RO, RoM, EVE and FFXI. I've yet to see them have predominant FF at all, the worst would be WARs Sorc and BW mechanics where you blow yourself up with your attacks.

Also, EVE might be on rails, but it sure as hell aint easy. Knowing how to fit your ship, when to use your modules ( the dozens of types), when to overheat them. At what distance to orbit for maximum damage or highest transversal speed.

You need to adapt to your enemy, mind your surroundings and make sure that none of his mates pops into local while you are trying to blow him up and if they do, you better have some safe spots memo'd so you can warp to them and cloak.

And most importantly, if you fail, that ship is gone, and you best know how to quickly warp to a celestial object without being pinned again or you will have to update your clone and buy new implants. While In wow, you lose nothing if its pvp, you get a minor debuff in war, xp hit in FF.