Posted: Jun 12th 2009 6:12PM ultimateq said

They are sending you info because you applied to the beta. ^_^

Posted: Jun 12th 2009 2:15PM TheJackman said

Not trolling this will happen sadly :(

Posted: Jun 12th 2009 6:25PM (Unverified) said

When they hit the 1 million mark everyone here posted saying it didn't matter because it wasn't real accounts.

When they hit the 2 million mark everyone repeated the same thing.

Now they have hit the 3 million mark and everyone negetive is still saying the same thing. My question is what number do they have to hit before people can acknowledge the game is quality entertainment for the audience it is targeted towards?

The people that dislike this game don't often seem to have a logical reason as to why. I don't play it, but I'm glad it is doing well. More "quality" MMO's is GOOD for the MMO industry no matter the audience.

Posted: Jun 12th 2009 9:08PM Atnor said

I dont care and am not hating on SOE because of this story. Obviously, it's a good thing for them to have an increasing number of people download the game, and the only thing we can get from this is more people are doing so. Only SOE knows how many of those people actually spend any cash, and how much, and for how long people stay or become active.

Still, my wife and I both downloaded the game the day after launch, and I was in the beta for about a week. We both played together for one night, and I played another night. Neither one of us have logged in since, and don't plan to. We both got emails at the 2 mil mark saying "Thanks for helping us, here's free ingame items for ya".

So thats 2 accounts of that 3mil that are not giving SOE any cash or playing their game, but still in that marketing number. As long as you understand what the numbers actually are, its still a good thing for them, but maybe not as good as some read into it. The only thing we can discern is that its a favorable trend, that possibly indicates the game is doing well and people are at the least, trying it out.

Posted: Jun 20th 2009 11:17PM Graill440 said

I was actually checking this game out, my brothers son was playing it. I then looked at some of the leaderboards, hacker city. They need to take care of the cheating going on with their flash security before they lose folks, i cant see paying a sub for poor security, lots of quests though and sidegame, to bad cheating is rampant.

Example: A 50 round tower defense game won in 34 seconds with max score, which is simply impossible, >all< leaderboards regardless of the game are like this, curious why they dont handle it.