Posted: Jun 7th 2009 9:28PM bartillo said

I have been following MO for about a year now and i am very excited to get to pre order and start helping with testing and get ready for launch!
if you dont know about this game come join other MO community members in our irc posted on the website.

Posted: Jun 7th 2009 10:19PM Myria said

I had to chuckle at the notion of anyone wanting to "give Darkfall Online a run for their money".

What are we talking about here, ten, twenty bucks tops?

Seems like a slow saunter would be more appropriate.

Posted: Jun 7th 2009 11:07PM Anatidae said

Anyone want to start a pool on when the "real" beta and release date will happen?

Posted: Jun 8th 2009 12:06AM Halldorr said

The whole first person thing turns me off unfortunately....love the sandbox, hate the view.

Posted: Jun 8th 2009 12:17AM Valdur said

Same here,love all the other aspects of the game but hate the first person view.

Posted: Jun 8th 2009 2:49PM Saker said

Agree

Posted: Jun 8th 2009 1:41AM bartillo said

FPV will make the game much more immersion, you have to understand that.
No need for invisible stealth.. sound would play a much vital role on if you can move quietly enough to assassinate something or not.

Posted: Jun 8th 2009 1:59AM TheJackman said

MO even make this non pvper want to give the pvp a try!

Posted: Jun 8th 2009 6:50AM Temko said

meh.... we shall see how they do, from what i've heard they are only launching with their "core" mechanics... the question is which those are?

- combat
- mounted combat
- pve
- player housing
- taming
- advanced skills
- etc..

if they cut the "core" to steep, people will tell 'm to fuck off and wait for actuall features to be implemented (as many have done with other games)

also they are uctting the line close with more MMO's coming out that time

Fallen Earth, Earthrise, Aion,.... will niche win out?

Posted: Jun 11th 2009 11:05AM (Unverified) said

As usual you are right Temko.

If my sources are correct almost everything will be cut, except PvP (incl mounted) combat. No player housing, no taming and PvE AI is virtually non-existent as realistic combat got pushed to the front of the development-cycle, so this game will just be another (badly timed) pissing contest for a month or two and then we'll all be off to a new shiny, preferably F2P by that time (let's be honest, item malls and PvP were made for eachother :D).

Nice try using the carrot-and-stick of Beta on potential customers Starvault, but $400K is not gonna pay the bills on your UE3 licence ;)

Posted: Jun 8th 2009 9:55AM (Unverified) said

I can honestly say that the game is pretty cool...but I wouldn't pay to play it, honestly, I don't know what it is, maybe the first person view or something...and so do some friends of mine..the game is Ok for a f2p but, I'm not sure how much success the game will have as a p2p competing with such titles like Aion,WAR,WoW, and other new p2p revolutionary mmos like APB or some others which look like having a little more quality than this Mortal :x

I would like to hear more about this issue..well..

Cheers

Posted: Jun 8th 2009 12:17PM fzzzt said

Well you've obviously given it much thought (ha). Why are you even comparing it to WoW? What sort of comparision? Subscribers? WAR and Aion, possibly, but even that is a stretch. Those are RvR, AFAIK, not open PvP (I did play WAR). Unfortunately the only games to compare it to are dead and gone, or going, or are practically unreleased. I'm talking about UO, Shadowbane, Darkfall, etc.. Nothing will have the success that WoW has, in terms of users, except another bottom-feeder like WoW.

Posted: Jun 9th 2009 9:52AM (Unverified) said

I totally agree with you, I was talking about subscribers, and my idead was, that Mortal wouldn't stand a chance between all the great and big p2p titles, well maybe you're right, maybe those guys that played UO or Shadowbane ,etc will come to Mortal, maybe not, if not, I don't think that Mortal will hold up to itself for long, but..If Mortal was going to micro-transactions payment method it would be like the best one, and probably take some millions from RoM or whatever good f2p is out there..
Well but i'm just guessing without big thinking, so..I might be wrong (probably).

I would like to hear more from you Josh, keep replying.

Cheers

Posted: Jun 10th 2009 2:49PM (Unverified) said

Can we get a Mortal Online link in the "Upcoming MMOs" dropdown? Thanks.

Posted: Jun 11th 2009 11:08AM (Unverified) said

I don't think their Unreal licence allows them to deploy with microtransactions ^^