Posted: Jun 6th 2009 4:59PM Graill440 said

If these people had put as much time and effort and detail into the original game as they do in these PR releases the game might have been a winner instead of a bugged niche game.

But then hey, most of the folks paying and playing MMO's think that releasing unfinished, bugged, patch ridden games is the norm. Throw that PR release out there, quiet that rabble down for a bit.

Whats your battle cry?......"Thats the way it's always been done"

Posted: Jun 6th 2009 6:27PM drunkenpandaren said

I don't know what you're smoking but all MMO's are in constant Beta. With standalone games I can totally see what you're trying to get there, but with MMO's they are always bug ridden.

And Waaaghhammers is a pretty decent MMO out there. 86 on metacritic so whatev'.

Posted: Jun 6th 2009 8:29PM Triskelion said

Yeah, WAR was supposed to be my WoW killer too............at least that was my hope, they later stated that they would consider 1 million a good target of success.

I keep re-subbing and going back, while I see improvements from the last time I played it's still a one-trick pony, a really good RvR game with nothing else to hold up the three-legged stool. I get a little pissed off when I see this asshat running around acting like they have 50 million subs.

Posted: Jun 6th 2009 7:50PM (Unverified) said

I'm very concerned about the lack of Mark Jacobs in these preceedings. He is in many ways the driving force behind this game and Mythic. Although some DAoC vets may disagree, I'm very confident that he has the determination and know-how to keep WAR going and improving.

If he isn't on the scene, then that would explain the recent lack of direction that WAR seems to be suffereing from. If this is the case, then I'll need to see some drastic stepping-up in both communication and ability to understand their community from the other WAR brass. Right now they remind me more of a PR sideshow than a professional dev team. Mark is far more capable of balancing PR with leadership.

WAR is definitely at a cross-roads, and we need to see someone with Mark's abilities at the forefront. Here's hoping he turns up soon.

Posted: Jun 7th 2009 5:39AM (Unverified) said

I've given both of the links a once-over, and unless I missed something, it seems Land of the Dead 'controls' it and the only PvP seems to occur when control switches. Seems more disappointing mechanics that revolve around PvE than PvP.

Posted: Jun 7th 2009 11:11AM Crsh said

While I very much enjoy WHO these days, I'm sitting on the fence regarding the upcoming LotD content.

It seems to me like it's the extension of flawed group-play mechanics based on the assumption that all servers have a medium-to-high population, while this really isn't the case nowadays (not for all servers at least, just a handful of them).

If you play on a server that's heavily dominated by one side that can just steamroll anything and everything, it's only about to get worse with LotD (well, "worse" for the losing side obviously).

Posted: Jun 7th 2009 11:08AM Valdur said

Looks like Mark Jacobs is doing the David Copperfield thing.Anyway,just another Mythic's PR bs as always.This game won`t become any better from what it is unless they change it's core design.

Perfect Ten: My World of Warcraft launch memories