Posted: Jun 4th 2009 8:06AM (Unverified) said

i missed the beta key but i'm interested in exploring a new land and the crafting available. the wings option is a nice additional, but we'll have to see. i'm not a pvp guy so we'll see how rangers and rogues are treated in this game.

Posted: Jun 4th 2009 8:06AM MrGutts said

Nooooo I am not!!

Because I am not in it! :)

Posted: Jun 4th 2009 8:20AM Miffy said

I heard it was all zoned, so that kills it for me straight away. Not to mention the bland generic asian mmo art style.

Posted: Jun 4th 2009 8:20AM (Unverified) said

I'm excited for the beta, AND I got a NA key :D. Just like Lesley, I've been following development of the game since it was announced. I don't know about the "beta events" that NCSoft will be doing with Aion; like many gamers, I'm used to just getting into the beta and being turned loose on the content. But that they're even DOING small, focused says to me that the game may be coming along quite well, and that the developers are wanting to focus on their "trouble spots" to thrash things out to make it work even better.

Here's to hoping that Aion ends up with LOTS of beta events between now and release, just so us fanbois can get our fix!

Posted: Jun 4th 2009 8:33AM (Unverified) said

I can't wait to play this weekend...if only they'd let us DL The Client already...

Posted: Jun 4th 2009 8:22AM (Unverified) said

For me, I tried the Chinese version and after a day I just got the "Meh" feeling. It is your standard mmo with a couple of things like flight dropped in. It was a polished feeling, which I like, but in the end what is AION bringing to the table, besides flight, that no other mmo has brought?

nothing really.

That's my problem with today's mmo market. It doesn't offer a change from the norm to pull me away from my already maxed characters in other games. I have toons in AoC, EQ2, WoW, SWG, DAoC, WAR all maxed level with high level gear and all on pvp servers. Maybe I just don't like the mmo market as much as I used to so the idea of starting over in the same old "level system" just doesn't do it for me anymore. Now bring me SWG PRE-CU class system, with TOR's story telling, DAoC's PVP and EQ2's pve mixed in with AoC Graphics and you got a winner!

Posted: Jun 4th 2009 8:27AM Halldorr said

Count me as one of those people wondering what all the hype is about. I decided to download the Chinese client and was going to buy a few hours on the Chinese servers just to check things out but now that NA beta is here (what exactly are they beta testing in a game that is live already?) I will wait and hope I get a key some day for it. I'm just not sure what all the hype is about...flying? I was doing that in City of Heroes.

Posted: Jun 4th 2009 8:28AM Kaio said

I'm excited about it even though I have no intention of playing it (my PC is weaksauce). I intrested in seeing a glimpse at this games potential and I'm really impressed at the level of character customization they offer, something I hope Final Fantasy XIV takes note of.

Posted: Jun 4th 2009 8:31AM (Unverified) said

Asian MMO. Not interested.

Posted: Jun 4th 2009 2:32PM shiningfury said

"Asian MMO. Not interested."

This sums it up for me too. I don't understand the hype about this game. I also don't understand how people can stand to play Lineage or FFXI either, so there might be some common theme in my confusion.

Posted: Jun 4th 2009 8:36AM elocke said

Exactly, Asian MMO. Although, to be fair, Square Enix is the ONLY Asian company I have any faith in. They at least understand the importance of STORY and exploration.

Also to be fair, since I'm an MMO junky, once Aion hits the US of course I'll at least give it a shot, but I'm not overly hyped about it and could care less about the beta I'm not in, until it arrives. Which, on another note has taken FAR too long to come out here in the states.

Posted: Jun 4th 2009 8:37AM (Unverified) said

Not interested for one reason only...NC soft will kill this dead if numbers dive below expected.

Stick with the established games seems to be NC softs message.

Since investing 6+ months into one of their MMO's really is a crapshoot.

Posted: Jun 4th 2009 8:42AM TheJackman said

Lets just say I am excited by the fact Aion is in open beta ;D But still not understand why there is a need for it... it already running full time on the Japanese servers...

Posted: Jun 4th 2009 8:54AM (Unverified) said

I must admit, I am very tempted to get a Japanese copy of the game but for now the English beta will do.

Posted: Jun 4th 2009 9:04AM Tovrin said

NCSoft? Not interested. After what they did with Tabula Rasa and Auto Assault, they're never getting any of my money ever again.

Posted: Jun 4th 2009 9:46AM Zelius said

My thoughts exactly. And by not giving these games a chance, they pretty much ensured that we'll never see games like these again (especially something as innovative as Auto Assault.. I loved that game).

Posted: Jun 4th 2009 8:48AM (Unverified) said

Grabbed an EU key while the grabbing was good. I don't really know anything about the thing except for a few bits of marketing speak.

After TR, I physically cannot get excited about one of their launches until I've seen it in person, it's launched and it's been running sucessfully for 6-12 months. That's even disregarding the generic style of the characters I've seen so far. Time will tell, I suppose.

I really just want a polished AAA sandbox MMO that's not in space. EVE is good, great even, but I personally have trouble getting attached to spacecraft.

Posted: Jun 4th 2009 9:19AM Minofan said

I'm slightly interested; was very around the first reveals with the pretty & flying & stuff, then largely discounted it when reports started to indicate that its grindy and the IP is wafer thin.

Not got a beta invite yet, but I'm curious enough to keep trying for one and to play a free trial if those become available - definitely not splashing cash blind though.

Posted: Jun 4th 2009 9:35AM (Unverified) said

NCsoft? Flying? Soooo...flying bot trains?

Posted: Jun 4th 2009 9:37AM (Unverified) said

Friend saw it at GDC.

It will tank hard in the west. NCsoft doesn't know how to appeal to anyone in the West other than weeaboos and the gold farmers that prey on them.

It's every KMMO you've ever played, with a wings gimmick.