Posted: Jun 3rd 2009 12:06PM (Unverified) said

This article has to be the most atrocious read I've ever seen on this site. I'm under the presumption that English is the author's second language, but the editors frankly have no excuse. I've seen some simple mistakes on this site, but this reads like it was translated and no one ever even bothered to proof it.

Posted: Jun 3rd 2009 2:12PM Tom in VA said

Gotta agree with you there, Ernest. You know things are gonna off to a bad start when an article begins with "Turbine have ... " instead of "Turbine has ..." Sadly, the rest of this brief article follows suit. :(

Posted: Jun 3rd 2009 5:32PM Its Utakata stupid said

It's nice to see the first comments being derailed by gramma Nazis.

Posted: Jun 3rd 2009 7:18PM (Unverified) said

I don't really care about trivial mistakes in grammar. Especially not the common mistakes through which anyone with the mental acuity of a lemur can discern the intended meaning. A handful of mistakes can still yield a productive and insightful article, albeit somewhat unprofessional. However, the degree of error in this article (as it was before revisions were made) made it tediously unclear and rather thoughtless.

I suppose to a WoW kiddie I appear to be a grammar Nazi, but I'm a long time follower of Massively and that's by choice-- not by obligation. Massively does drop the ball fairly often (announcing FFXIV as PS3 exclusive, for example), but they never have let it gone so far out of hand.

Posted: Jun 3rd 2009 1:00PM (Unverified) said

Good to see crafting get some love, although it is already handled in a cool way, but will the new book feature that insanely high ratio of group quests when compared to solo that Turbine seem to love so much? Insane is the only word really, as great a game as it is.

They are genuinely great group quests, imaginative and varied, but even with a helpful kin and plenty of patience it's still way too many to climb through the lower levels. You're looking at 30+ group quests clogging up your journal at one one time, out of a max of 42! The quality is amazing but a little more self control please on dishing them out.

What happens when the next expansion comes out and the level cap is raised I wonder, leaving all these zones empty. Will it mean that new players find there numbers so spread out that it becomes even harder.

And I've had a long day, I can't be arsed to read back and check how it reads either ;)

Posted: Jun 3rd 2009 3:53PM Wisdomandlore said

Since the Moria expansion, Turbine has barely included any group quests. The majority of the quests are solo. There are a large handful of quests for the level 60 instances, and they can clog up your log, but there's no reason to take them if you don't plan to go inside (there's no reason to take them at all, honestly, since they only give you maybe 50 silver). And that's compared to over 100 solo quests in Moria. In fact, there are no group quests on the landscape in the expansion or in the last update.

Posted: Jun 3rd 2009 1:35PM (Unverified) said

I'm a huge lover of crafting, maybe even obsessed. I'm still somewhat of a novice. I'm looking for some terrific crafting experiences.

I get the general idea, from searching around the net, that most players think Star Wars Galaxies has the best crafting, followed by EverQuest 2, and then Vanguard.

I mostly play Runes of Magic right now, and love it, especially the crafting, and I've heard from EQ2 players that it is similar to EQ2's crafting, but it is wholly new and has lots of room to grow. Thus I, being an avid crafter, am able to gobble most of what you can do fairly fast, which leaves me wanting more.

I like WoW's crafting but it seems that they nerfed crafting to the point that it's a useless system. "Why undermine crafting?"

So I'd love advice about LoTRO and other games you think make for a lot of fun for players who want a rich and long-lasting crafting experience?

Posted: Jun 3rd 2009 3:40PM deluxe2000 said

EQ2 hands down the best crafting system of any game I've ever played (never did play SWG). Its got a minor mini-game feel to it, but mostly is just very expansive and involved. You can make furniture for your house for example. And there are crafting instances where crafters work together to progress. If you enjoy crafting as much as you express, you really download and play EQ2 - you will not be disappointed.

Posted: Jun 3rd 2009 3:43PM deluxe2000 said

Oh LOTROs crafting is ok - maybe a tiny bit better then WoW's. I enjoyed it, especially the ability to sow seed and harvest in an actual field in game, but the rest of the crafts are the same - stand next to oven/forge/worktable and watch yellow bar move.

Seriously EQ2 is hands down the best crafting any fantasy game has to offer.

Posted: Jun 3rd 2009 4:08PM (Unverified) said

Thank you guys. I think that may be enough for me to actually drop the cash for it.

I'll try to remember to get back to you both on my personal impressions, after I get up and running.

I love the sound of instances for crafters.

Posted: Jun 3rd 2009 5:29PM Thac0 said

Your goign to buy EQ2? or Lotro?

Posted: Jun 4th 2009 12:09AM deluxe2000 said

EQ2 has a 14 day free trial currently, which includes all the expansions in the one download. Check it out at

Make My MMO: October 19 - 25, 2014