Posted: Jun 4th 2009 7:04AM (Unverified) said

confirmed it did they? well that's a step in the right direction :)

Posted: Jun 4th 2009 8:49AM (Unverified) said

Yep, need to make the game more PC friendly and then I'll try it out. I couldn't stand the controls or the UI back when I played XI at release.

Posted: Jun 4th 2009 9:28AM Wisdomandlore said

They also mentioned that the job system would be more flexible, and allow you to create the character you want. I hope that means it's more like FFV, in that you have to level up jobs to get skills and abilities, then can customize any job with those skills.

Posted: Jun 4th 2009 12:31PM DevilSei said

Eh, long as it isn't a horrendous grind, doesn't have 18+ hour fights for one boss, and lacks the horrid "menu" system needed to attack (console I can understand, but it feels so clunky on the PC)

I might look into it.

Also, good thing they are not using PlayOnline for this game.

Posted: Jun 4th 2009 5:00PM wjowski said

No Ivalice races? Fail.

Posted: Jun 4th 2009 8:06PM koehler83 said

The Ivalice Alliance is a completely separate dev team. Even if they were there, they probably wouldn't be represented properly.

Posted: Jun 4th 2009 10:13PM Addfwyn said

They actually said that it WASN'T the same races, that they would look similar in some cases but they aren't the same. The "Galka" in the screen is a bit taller, muscular, doesn't have a tail. The Mithra seem to be more fox like as opposed to catlike.

Posted: Jun 5th 2009 12:04PM (Unverified) said

Can't wait. After all the MMOs I've played, FFXI still is the one that I have the fondest memories of. I haven't really found a community any other mmo like there is in FFXI.

Posted: Jun 5th 2009 12:40PM Kaio said

I hope they take look at innovative mmos like Aion instead of mediocre mmos like WOW

Posted: Jun 8th 2009 6:45AM Xocolatl said

If the past is any indication, this will be one hell of a ride.
FF12's combat system was very indicative of FF11--semi turn-based combat with real time movement.
Therefore I predict that FF14 is going to be played much like FF13. Which I think will mix very interesting tactic into real time MMO combat.
I'm VERY hyped.