Posted: Jun 2nd 2009 6:57AM (Unverified) said

I was in the EQ2 beta and played for a few months after release. While the majority of characters were voiced, not all of them were.

As many have pointed out, they are saying it's the first fully-voiced MMO because even the player's dialogue will be voiced(like Mass Effect).

Posted: Jun 2nd 2009 3:52AM Eh said

As much as I would love to hear every character in the game talk, I really hope there will be a way to turn some of it off after a while if you choose to. I can only click on an NPC so many times before I would want them to shut up.

Posted: Jun 2nd 2009 5:04AM (Unverified) said

This is not gonna be WoW with lightsabers, i hope. This game will have to have a SERIOUSLY innovative non-linear interactive quest line.

Posted: Jun 2nd 2009 6:01AM (Unverified) said

1) that looked AWESOME!
2) reading isnt a chore, but fully voiced will be nice
3) if the latest movies where more like that trailer then the world would be a better place!

Posted: Jun 2nd 2009 7:54AM (Unverified) said

The movie is pure epic! The game being fully voiced over is good news but I, along with many other fans, am just hoping it doesn't push development too far back. Them announcing that every class is going to have their own entirely different quest series is old news. This was said in an interview months ago but still its amazing how they are making the story a key component for this MMO.

Posted: Jun 2nd 2009 8:34AM (Unverified) said

I hope they can make a game that lives up to that impressive trailer. The game is still pretty alpha to be this heavily hyped. I'd say it's a dangerous move on the part of bioware. They talk a lot about stories. I hope they keep a galactic story going for players that have completed their own story. By the time you are max level your probably working on a galactic level anyway, at least that is what i would expect.

Posted: Jun 2nd 2009 8:17AM JohnnyMann420 said

I was REALLY hoping for some gameplay. The cinematic trailer was probably one of the coolest things I've seen next to Kojima's MGS 4 trailer a few years ago.The news about every NPC having a voice really didn't do anything for me. I do trust Bioware to make a decent (great) game, but I would have rather heard about the game itself rather than NPCs have voices... I really could careless.

Posted: Jun 2nd 2009 1:33PM Wisdomandlore said

I think SWTOR will definitely be the first real contender to WoW's throne. Yes, everyone said it for LOTRO, WAR, and even AOC, but this one is a bit different:

1) It's Star Wars, possibly the biggest, most popular, most lucrative IP in the world
2) It's Bioware, one of the most respected game developers ever
and perhaps more importantly
3) It's the first true MMO (not counting Free Realms) in awhile that will probably be backed by an extensive TV campaign...you can't underestimate that. Most MMOs have very poor advertising (like LOTRO, my god). I doubt LucasArts, EA, and Bioware will let this one go to waste.

Posted: Jun 2nd 2009 3:32PM LaughingTarget said

All they have to do is take out an ad with the above trailer and they are made.

Posted: Jun 2nd 2009 11:12AM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
Great CGI... nice way of showing off some classes, bragging on the story... which is all the fully VO is... whatever. Drawing excitement, but its not about the game... it's about the setting. Something necessary after so many missteps.

I actually understand what they're doing with the art direction, having a ton of stuff that's very much like Skywalker era, but just off enough so we can accept that its Old Republic. Fine.

What I'd like to see is combat animations in the game that frenetic and interesting and exciting and cool. Lets see those videos, and then I'll be excited. Until then, while this is great for a couple minutes, I'm pondering sitting down for hours and plugging away at "KoToR 3" with its blocky interlock system. I could do that for fifty hours. Not more though.

Posted: Jun 2nd 2009 9:36PM Pagan said

SWTOR is already the BEST GAME EVAR! God I can't wait!

Posted: Jun 2nd 2009 9:46PM (Unverified) said

Even more reason for the release date to be pushed back? XD

Posted: Jun 4th 2009 8:11AM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
For those who think this will even put a dent into Wow.

Forget it.

Wow is mainstream now. It is the rock 'n roll King and it is .... Blizzard.

Star Wars aleady launched as an mmorpg 5 years ago and how many subs now? 30 K. Lore ???

This is KOTOR a degenerated story of a degenerated SW Lore tx to the mighty Lucas himself who created the worst 1_2_3 film trilogy in history.

Star Wars was once epic in the 70's but it has completely lost its appeal with the newer generations.

And EA (if they still exist in 2 years) will give it the usual kiss of death treatment.

800 K sales and 100 K subs after one year.

Another War failure.

We will have to wait for the real SF in 2011/12.

But this is just another Jedi Knight who will kill X creatures in no man's land.

Not even space battles. Pheww.

Posted: Jun 4th 2009 8:21AM Miffy said

I don't want my character to have a voice though because it's MY character and it would be dumb to put words in my mouth.

The more and more I see of swtor the less excited I am because I know it's gonna be instanced and zoned with lots of loading screens and that it'll be more of a coop game rather than a mmo. Also how linear it'll have to be when you play your class so everyone will have the same experience from playing.

The character models and weapons are ugly too and friggin i just know the game will be so easy that little kids can play it.....

I want something hard and deep like a SWG Pre CU with content and no bugs.

Posted: Jul 10th 2009 6:58PM (Unverified) said

i hope you dont have to pay monthly fee for this

Posted: Aug 4th 2009 9:05AM (Unverified) said

yes! kill jedi, all right!! been waiting for this for years!!

WoW Archivist: A Glyphmas story