Posted: May 29th 2009 12:43PM Thac0 said

Thats sad. MxO was a really fun game when it first came out and had a great community. At first everyone could power level and the game was light and fun and it didn't take more than a month for them to put a stop to it and turn the PvE into a horrible grind of running up and down elevators all day. The live events with story line and character interaction were fun too. After the XP nerf I unsubscribed and I think i wasn't the only one and the game henceforth from that day was doomed.

Posted: May 29th 2009 12:56PM (Unverified) said

Although I don't play MXO much anymore it is sad to think I can't jack in from time to time and run the streets and hyper jump over buildings. This game had a lot of flaws but offered ( or so we thought at first) a game where players actions had consequences. The community ( at least in the beginning ) was the top notch. I understand many people did not like this game but you really had to get involved in the story line to enjoy it and interact with the different factions. I will make sure and re sub one last time so I can run around to visit my favorite places and take some screen shots before the plug is pulled.

Posted: May 29th 2009 12:55PM (Unverified) said

"..and coming up right after this story, stay tuned for 'Vanguard: Saga of HereNoMores', but first the weather.."

Posted: May 29th 2009 12:57PM (Unverified) said

Sucks for the community. I feel for you. I've been apart of a closure and it was sad indeed.

More realistically: get ready SWG players. TOR will essentially take the few die hard SW fans' subs too.

Posted: May 29th 2009 6:26PM (Unverified) said

Don't bank on SWG going away. The people who play it now are into the sandbox element primarily and then the SW element. Everyone I know who plays SWG will not be evacuating to TOR... If for some reason SWG is closed down most people will migrate to SWGemu.

Posted: May 29th 2009 1:11PM Rich said

MxO was my first MMO and in all honesty it was the best one I've played so far. When Monolith was running it was fun. Sure it had alot of flaws but those were overcome with the community. Then SOE took over and it slowly went to hell. The only good thing SOE was finally do the LESIG thing and I had alot of fun doing that with my fellow LESIG people (even though some of them ruined it for the rest of us).

The community was the best part of that game and kept me playing for the longest time. So to KoN, Rakshas and AnteD's out there. I salute you.

Posted: May 29th 2009 1:13PM (Unverified) said

Iterator FTW

Posted: May 29th 2009 1:16PM Rich said

Amen Brother...

Posted: May 29th 2009 1:51PM (Unverified) said

I was a part of the closed beta on MXO, and the beta testers BEGGED them not to release when they did because of the bugs. We were ignored. I jacked in to MXO earlier this year and found that many of the bugs that were there pre-launch still hadn't been addressed. Pity.

I love the Matrix universe and I really really wish that this project had been given to a team and a publisher better able to deliver on the potential of this brand.

Posted: May 29th 2009 2:03PM dudes said

TOR will kill SWG if this is SOE's attitude. They could try selling MxO to another company rather than just kill it off, but with Free Realms and The Agency in the spotlight, who cares? They obviously don't.

Posted: May 29th 2009 3:06PM Nadril said

Honestly I don't even know if MxO was making any money. It has a crazy small player base, and it's not like SOE is known for shutting down MMORPGs like some other companies out there.

I do like how when a game no one gives a shit about gets canceled though it seems a bunch of people always get pissed off at the company. Just looking for a reason, eh?

Posted: May 29th 2009 2:15PM Slayer said

They better lower the price of the Station Access then. Would love to play EQ2 and Planetside again.

Posted: May 29th 2009 2:50PM CCon99 said

That's a great point, they raised the Station Pass price because they added a game to the plan, now that one is coming off, they should lower it back to its price before the increase.

Posted: May 29th 2009 3:22PM Slayer said

I guess you can argue that they added FreeRealms in place of Matrix Online. Still $30 a month is a little too high with Matrix gone and SWG and Vanguard soon to follow.

Posted: May 29th 2009 2:18PM (Unverified) said

This was my first MMO, and for all its flaws, i have very fond memories of it. The community truely made this game great.

Posted: May 29th 2009 2:26PM (Unverified) said

I resubbed.

See ya'll at Mara C on Syntax

- tux0r

Posted: May 29th 2009 2:40PM (Unverified) said

I will miss MxO a little. Not a lot. I left it the same time I left the rest of the Sony Access games, when I got better things to do then pay ever increasing (at the time) rates. And I was down to only playing the occasional EQ2 game. My EQ1 group had broke up, my EQ2 buddies had moved to Eve and then WoW, and EQOA wasn't worth it if it wasn't going to be moved to the new platforms.

MxO was the last of the Station Access games I left. I had played in the Beta and subscribed to the game before Sony added it to their stable. It had such GREAT promise. And for a while it seemed like it was going to do great things. But it never seemed to go much of anywhere.

But I will still remember it and miss it. It was never a great game, but it had one of the best communities in existence. Thank you all you virtual citizens out there... guess we take the blue pill after all...

Posted: May 29th 2009 3:18PM Lateris said

Vanguard will be next. Then SWG will follow.

Posted: May 29th 2009 6:02PM TheJackman said

Vanguard and SWG will have to go too they need the servers to for the casual none paying free realm players!.....

Posted: May 31st 2009 8:00AM Shaard said

I have to admit this news hits me with a touch of sadness. I was in beta and wasn't prepared to subscribe to the game in its HEAVILY unfinished state but DAMN the game had atmosphere; may have to resub myself and do some captures for posterity.

Global Chat: Through a monitor, darkly