Posted: May 29th 2009 1:02PM (Unverified) said

Hrmm this is confusing. i swear i saw this as a aprils fools day post, somewhere. maybe it was on MMORPG. the text looks identical to what was in the post the first time i saw it. perhaps the video is new but i know i have seen that text before somewhere.

please tell me i'm not inadvertantly travelling the time stream.

Posted: May 29th 2009 9:49AM Krystalle Voecks said

I suspect you may well have hopped out of a Tardis. I wrote this earlier.

/slides you some coffee

Besides, why would MMORPG write about Massively going to E3 in April? :D

Posted: May 29th 2009 10:11AM Miffy said

Looks really dated already :\ This ain't 2003.

Posted: May 29th 2009 10:30AM (Unverified) said

well, someone once commented that MMOs lag graphically by 1.5 years for a major title, and 4 years for a minor one. I suspect this falls into the latter category.

Looks alright, as a world....the human models, animations and the hit 'sparks' (eg, when the bird hits the 'warrior') all remind me a lot of guild wars.

which is good, as long as it doesn't do the whole "instanced zones" thing that GW did >< i hated that...

Posted: May 29th 2009 10:31AM (Unverified) said

It's better then 2003, but still, it isn't anything we haven't seen.

Matter of fact, it's more of the same... fantasy... which has really just been stripped to the bone at this point.

/nointerest.

Posted: May 29th 2009 10:24AM (Unverified) said

That's it? The video underwhelms...it doesn't excite me enough to want to purchase this game. We've seen spiders before, better movement on a mount, and big stupid monsters, too. Will pass...

Posted: May 29th 2009 10:37AM (Unverified) said

Yea, underwhelming graphics, animations, and game world pretty much sums up my first impression. The trailer offers no insight into the actual "world" or lore of the game, what makes this unique to an other fantasy world?

Posted: May 29th 2009 11:56AM Wisdomandlore said

I don't think the graphics are that bad. It's still alpha, after all. The main problem is that the release trailer shows a fantasy MMO...with combat where you stand still, auto-attack, and use skills... /yawn

Maybe there's more to the game. But there are many MMOs that already do that well and look better while doing it.

Posted: May 29th 2009 10:45AM (Unverified) said

With that trailer I doubt people will p2p this game.. Its probably another f2p, seems a lot like archlord first trailers lolz

Cheers

Posted: May 29th 2009 10:54AM Myria said

So are they getting the henchies from Guild Wars, too? I could swear I saw Devona in one of those shots.

Posted: May 29th 2009 11:20AM elocke said

I like it, but that's the explorer side of me talking. Anything with a world like that, nice artwork, I'm down for. So far, the game looked like a cross between AoC, FFXI and LOTRO. That's good enough for me. Can't wait to see and hear more about this one.

Also, for the previous posters, saying it looks outdated, perhaps you didn't read where the article states this is probably Alpha footage, which of course won't look as polished as post release footage.

Posted: May 29th 2009 11:21AM Aganazer said

The graphics look fine to me. I don't know why people are so critical of graphic quality in an MMOG. I'll take gameplay over graphics any day.

Posted: May 29th 2009 11:22AM (Unverified) said

It looks nice! This is just the beginning of a long story before the game comes out.
Very promising I would say.
When do they release more info about the game?

Posted: May 29th 2009 11:27AM Thac0 said

The mounts look cool, otherwise i am not really impressed it looked very generic.

Posted: May 29th 2009 11:36AM AlamoeJones said

looked fine to me...except for one part. will this game not have any female playable characters? it says in the video, "where ordinary MEN are forged into heroes" maybe Telara is set pre-19th amendment? lol

Posted: Aug 19th 2009 11:24AM (Unverified) said

Heroes of Telara does offer female playable characters!! Ya

Posted: May 29th 2009 1:05PM Crsh said

The graphics are nice enough, but nothing ground-breaking; honestly I'm so very tired of human/elf/orc/undead fantasy, it's been overdone to hell in recent years.

Posted: May 29th 2009 10:00PM Temploiter said

Hey... more fantasy...

Posted: May 30th 2009 12:30AM (Unverified) said

Underwhelming cash-grabs like this are exactly why people are sick of the fantasy genre. Why should I buy this game, when there are 10 others just like it with better production values? Bland brown artwork, uninspired landscapes, monsters that look like something I could create with spore in 5 minutes, animations from 1999, no insight into gameplay or lore. This trailer has actually made me want to actively discourage other people from buying this. I think it's safe to say that is the opposite of what was intended.

Posted: Aug 19th 2009 11:29AM (Unverified) said

One really awesome feature I heard about was the class changing in game. At certain locations of the game like the middle of the main city you can change from your mage to your warrior. Personally i think that in it's self is worth checking out!

They are also talking about a Sub-class system that could become very useful. I wouldn't give up so easily on this one.
| 1 | 2 |