Posted: May 29th 2009 9:14AM MrGutts said

Seems kind of ironic this type of MMO is jumping in bed with a company like Bestbuy and it's reputation of bad business.

Posted: May 29th 2009 9:30AM (Unverified) said

Meh another lobby game being passed off as an mmo.

Posted: May 29th 2009 10:12AM mckaysalisbury said

"Consumers who purchase CrimeCraft at Best Buy will receive two months of free play time and a number of exclusive in-game items"

If Best Buy is the only company selling the game, what value are "exclusive ... items"?

Posted: May 29th 2009 10:28AM (Unverified) said

What Mckay said, if it's only sold at Best Buy, what's the point of advertising special things you get for buying it at the only place it will be sold?

Also, if they want a subscription fee, they are out of luck. I'm capped out on all the MMO's I'm willing to pay for right now. Sorry game companies, subscription is too limited a business model to rely on it. Learn to use other methods.

Posted: May 29th 2009 11:37AM Interitus said

I have to agree with ScytheNoire. I'm paying for enough games to keep me busy. They can't honestly expect me to pay fpr what esetially, as Deadend pointed out a lobby game and not a MMO.

Posted: May 29th 2009 2:03PM DevilSei said

funny thing is, the game was supposed to be F2P, but they decided against it afterwards, wasn't looking too forward to it then, and now, pft good luck, I aint driving 30-45 mins to a best buy, when a gamestop is 5 mins walking distance from me.

Posted: May 29th 2009 2:05PM Dblade said

That's not a good sign at all. Usually exclusives to one store are crap, like chulip for gamespot, and that chibi-robo ds game for walmart. Also, its both sub and microtransaction?

Posted: May 29th 2009 3:13PM (Unverified) said

From the brief description above it seems like this is less a game and more like a giant virtual advertisement that you pay to be a part of.

Posted: May 29th 2009 4:46PM Distaste said

So ingame ads by way of clothing lines and we STILL have to pay for the game at an exclusive best buy? Sorry but no thanks. MW2/BFBC2 will be far better shooters and I don't gotta sub or deal with crappy clothing lines from over priced clothing designers. Not to mention that best buy is an hour drive away from me.

Posted: May 29th 2009 5:47PM karnisov said

dear mmo startup developers and clueless publishers,
the mmo segment is quickly approaching saturation. therefore it is in your best interest to have MORE and not fewer avenues of distribution. Why are alot of the big mmos on steam now? Because more exposure means more sales. Whoever signed off on this short-sighted distribution move needs to lose their office and go back to a cubicle.