Posted: May 27th 2009 6:18PM AlamoeJones said

anyone wanna bet it was all one big joke?
i would totally laugh.

Posted: May 27th 2009 6:37PM esarphie said

I seem to recall a B2B room at E3 (it's been a decade since I've been in the industry, so I don't know what changes have been made). Seems like this would fit in well there. Although, if they're only going to one show, they should be at CGDC.

Posted: May 27th 2009 7:03PM (Unverified) said

What I dont get is, sure they can process the graphics on their end and stream them to your pc. Fine I get that. But won't they have to have the equivalent of a pretty hefty gaming rig to render the games for each player? How much are they gonna freaking charge a month to cover that? No matter how you look at it, somewhere in that chain of ownership someone is going to have to process a hell of allot of pixels before it hits your monitor. If I have a hard time running AoC on its highest settings with my SLI rig, what are they gonna need to have to stream that game to even 10 people?

Posted: May 27th 2009 7:51PM OnliveFanscom said

I personally don't think it matters that these companies are not showing up at the E3. Onlive seems like it's just months away from beta testing anyhow. They already have the coverage maps created at http://onlivefans.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=95

Posted: May 27th 2009 8:02PM TheJackman said

OnLive and Gaikai look pretty sucky to start with... I am not interested in this junk...

Posted: May 28th 2009 6:13AM (Unverified) said

vapor

I'm sure all those people that fell for Phantom will love this. Its perfect CEO and investment fodder. Old men that know nothing of games think this is AMAZING!!

Posted: May 28th 2009 9:55AM Myria said

The most amusing part of this is that neither Eve nor WoW are noted for their high-end machine requirements... To put it mildly. So basically they've shown they can quadruple the lag to feed you browser images of games that almost any computer made in the last ten years can handle just fine?

Woah, impressive!

The Phantom comparisons are indeed apt.

Posted: Jul 1st 2009 1:42PM (Unverified) said