Posted: May 25th 2009 6:41AM Crsh said

I find it odd how the Argent Tournament dailies is replacing dungeon/raid content; yes they just introduced Ulduar and it is massive, but I was under the impression they originally said patch 3.2 would have a new "unannounced" dungeon and/or raid (it was speculated it would be a Troll instance, given Blizzard's fixation with that B-side content and 3.3 is to be about the Icecrown Citadel raid).

From a story point of view, it's pretty ridiculous; 6 months+ of frolicking around instead of attacking the Lich King when players are at his door step? The LK looks to be MIA anyway, his crucial zone is already invaded and there's zero fighting back.

Posted: May 25th 2009 8:54AM kabes said

Oh, more WoW hate on Massively...this is a surprise.

Ulduar is one of the best dungeons or raids I've done in any game. And stop focusing on the argent tournament dailies. 3.2 is adding a lot more than that obviously including 25 man content. Hardly anyone is through Ulduar yet, let alone the hard modes of every boss.

Posted: May 25th 2009 9:12AM (Unverified) said

/yawn

Posted: May 25th 2009 9:13AM TheJackman said

First of all the argent tournament some of the dailies are normal ones!

Argent Tournament dailies is not replacing dungeon/raid content; patch 3.2 will have a new "unannounced" dungeon and/ raid its called:

Crusader's Coliseum: 5-player, 10-player, and 25-player challenges await inside.
Its a ring of blood type instant! one of the better quests!

Posted: May 25th 2009 9:16AM Crsh said

They're one-boss fights that scale to the number players in your party, not exactly a "raid instance".

Posted: May 25th 2009 2:52PM TheJackman said

Its a raid without the trash and walking! and the bosses not scale! There are complete other bosses base on the type of group you in!

Posted: May 26th 2009 4:04AM (Unverified) said

Eugh, how underwhelming. We've seen all of this before again and again.

Posted: May 26th 2009 12:00PM (Unverified) said

I have quit playing Ultima Online, Everquest, Everquest 2.... I really don't care about those games. Once every 8 months or so I will look up something from Ultima Online because it was my first and I miss chopping trees. :) But I don't read articles about there content patch and post messages about how I quit and the game is so stale. If you truly didn't care about WoW you wouldn't be posting. It amazes me that people that don't play the game take the time out of there days to post how they quit.

Posted: May 26th 2009 1:43PM (Unverified) said

Heh Norn you have yet to accept the reality of the "forum trollz". These are "players" that have done everything, been everywhere, blah blah blah....oh and now their angry that they wasted so many years on such a "lame and broken" game. And they want to tell you about it. They want some form of acknowledgment that they achieved something, and are now better than you because they have moved on to another game to repeat the process yet again. If you are still playing "that old game" then you must obviously suck because you havent burned out as fast as they have.
I came to the realization this weekend that having lacked the freetime lately to raid non stop and pvp in between I was starting to seriously suck at wow. I just about made one of those melodramatic posts on my guild forums about how its been great, but i have to move on yadda yadda. I caught myself midstream.

No one freaking cares if you move on, another healer, another dps, another tank will take your place. Your absence on vent will not be noticed in a week. It is a hard fact to accept, harder to accept it matters to you for some strange reason. But it breeds a weird level of anger that posts like this help vent in some weird way. You want someone to care that you left. Even if its anonymous people on a message board.

The reasons you leave mmo's matter to you, and usually only you. I have invested literally MONTHS into my favorite character. Thats allot of time in front of my computer with my virtual friends and the constant dramas human interaction breeds. Now im going to quit playing and move on the summer activities, and I imagine at some point I will have the same level of resentment towards wow that some of these folks have. Hopefully I can restrain myself from posting self righteous vitriol (irony acknowledged) whenever i see it mentioned :)

Posted: May 26th 2009 2:04PM (Unverified) said

For those leaving...

Can I have your stuff? :P

But seriously, I had to LOL about the lack of an announcement concerning the "unannounced" instance. HELLO! Does "unannounced" mean anything???

"Unannounced" simply is PR-speak for "We haven't decided what we're doing yet"...

Posted: May 26th 2009 2:14PM (Unverified) said

Anyone else still hoping for heroic modes on the Classic dungeons?

I know Blizzard doesn't care about them anymore, but I still make time for a weekly Onyxia and UBRS run.

I agree with the concept of a "classic realm" configuration that retains the 60 level cap and closed AQ gates...

Posted: Jun 2nd 2009 11:13AM (Unverified) said

Wow, i have to love all the " i will never play wow again" and " I dont miss wow" comments here. If you hate it, will not play it again and dont care about it, why oh why? are you trolling this post? what is it too much time on your hands? or maybe the secret hope that you will find some new content that will bring you back? I think it is denial, you love wow and cant stay away like a crack addict trying to go clean.

Posted: Jun 11th 2009 8:42PM (Unverified) said

when does patch 3.2 come out does it work on The Burning Crusade? (can some1 answer me ASAP)

Posted: Jun 17th 2009 2:32AM (Unverified) said

Well I for one don't know if the "60-cap server" would be such a great idea. But the ONLY reason I have for thinking it might be a bad idea would be that I would probably end up playing on both the "60-cap server" and the normal ones.

As far as getting sick of WoW? I have been sick of WoW a couple of times. Both times I cancelled subscription but said that I might come back if I ever got the urge. One of the times it did last 6 months before I came back. And I also feel that getting sick of a game after playing it for so long is sort of natural.

I think differently than most. WoW content isn't really what is keeping me playing... that would be all the friends I have that still plays. On the other hand I would probably be very interested in the content of the "60-cap server" because I only just tuned in after the BC was released.

Betawatch: October 18 - 24, 2014