Posted: May 23rd 2009 11:13PM (Unverified) said

The agreement has this in it word for word "You acknowledge that Mindfuse may, in its discretion, charge a fee for the Beta Materials and/or participation in the Beta Program, and your continued participation in the Beta Program is contingent on your payment of such fee(s)" which means they might CHARGE us to TEST their INCOMPLETE or potentially buggy game!

Posted: May 23rd 2009 11:45PM (Unverified) said

The game looks pretty cool. Would be awesome to finally have a great steampunk MMO. And if they decide to charge us to test it, then I simply... won't. Simple as that.

Posted: May 24th 2009 8:38AM (Unverified) said

Charging us for beta is ludicrous, but I am very interested to play this game.

Posted: May 24th 2009 2:39AM (Unverified) said

Charge for the beta? LOL. Who'd charge volunteers to test a game when there are so many MUCH more successful developers out there there who don't? This game looks like a steampunk version of Second Life so far. They'd have to do a lot more to SELL their beta.

Posted: May 24th 2009 6:33AM (Unverified) said

They need to fire their artists. The character models are aweful and the lighting in these screenshots is uhm... non existant? I mean everything seems to be floating in the air due to lack of direct lighting, which causes a total lack of shadows. At first I thought it was the engine, but in some screenshots there are shadows (though also very faint), so I guess it is simply bad lighting.
Hopefully they will fix these things. The idea seems pretty cool and it would be sad if it did not work out due to bad artwork.

Posted: May 24th 2009 8:13AM kiaria said

I've signed up for the beta - if at any point they expect me to pay I just won't, and I'll give up my spot in the beta. It's not like participation is compulsory. Also, just because it's in a legal document in terms such as "may, at our discretion" doesn't mean a paid Beta will ever actually happen, they're just covering their bases. Big deal.
I really like the idea of a steampunk MMO. I'm willing to give it a try even if the graphics aren't fantastic. Takes more than great graphics to make a good game, if the gameplay makes up for it I don't care.

Posted: May 24th 2009 10:57PM (Unverified) said

Weird name though. Is the sequel going to be named "Grindyn"?

Betawatch: December 13 - 19, 2014