Posted: May 21st 2009 10:04PM Benicio said

I know there are critics who say the CSM have very little say in anything and are more of a token council but the very idea of players with the ear of the developer is something pretty revolutionary and I hope other games developers are taking notice.

Posted: May 21st 2009 11:15PM (Unverified) said

governmental organs and general politics is a natural element(i've been expecting for years) in ANY mmo, one that's not meant to provide just casual nonsense pastime, like WoW and WAR, too limited in its rhetorical gameish concept, but made by people who realize that an mmo is a virtual reality, a plausible simulation in everyway... it was the path clearly indicated by Ultima Online, and lost in the following years almost on everyone, for lack of wits and vision.

Little information: aren't the electable council members directly related with the corporation members who at the moment detain control over the territory? Shouldn't political power be attached to territorial power or even BE it? I mean how does the council apply its power if those who own the space are ADVERSE to the agreed decrees and new laws?

Posted: May 22nd 2009 7:12AM (Unverified) said

No offense dude, but you're incoherent.

Posted: May 22nd 2009 9:56AM (Unverified) said

None taken, since you didn't motivate who cares what you said, it's not like based on your "you're incoherent" you prooved it ;)

Posted: May 26th 2009 3:56PM (Unverified) said

'everyway' is spelled 'every way.'

Sorry, that's one of my biggest pet-peeves, like, ever.

Posted: May 21st 2009 11:45PM Myria said

It's kind of amusing to see "Vote for me!" cans outside of stations, too bad I haven't been playing long enough to have a vote to sell -- in fine 'democratic' fashion, that seems to be mostly what this is about. Ah well, maybe next time.

Of course if they don't get the stupid jumpgate bug fixed soon, I won't be around for a next time. All MMOs have bugs, and it seems a law of nature that patches are going to have bugs that need to be patched (thus creating new bugs), but never have I seen one that was this bad or went on for this long. I'm lucky if I can make more then two or three jumps before the game locks, that's just so not acceptable.

Posted: May 22nd 2009 5:07AM (Unverified) said

and dont forget to use the votes attached to your 2nd and 3rd accounts!

Democracy FTW.

Posted: May 22nd 2009 8:49AM Critical Mass said

I wish there was a foucs on the sensible thing to vote instead of any populistic urge to vote simply because it counts, or because you can.

In the end, as in real life for me, if noon are apt, I will not feel a duty to choose between one bad option as opposed to some other bad option. And when faith in voting is lost, voting alltogether is for me pointless and no "vote because you can" will matter.

So I want to say that the sensible thing is to not cave in to any populistic behaviour that seem to lead to degeneration of a public discussion or degeneration of common sense.

I think the strength of democracy is to elect people that are apt, not only at governing/working with a conscience, but to be responsible and ideally to meet any and all criticism, for people to relate to with ease. The future should be a matter of discussion for all and I think the best thing is to allow discussions, and lenghty ones if needed.

Global Chat: Doom and WAAAGH!

Posted on Jul 22nd 2014 8:00PM